One Decent Manager away from mid table | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

One Decent Manager away from mid table

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
It is so frustrating that Shuey decided to lose his nerve and flee.

Looking at the teams we have played this season, we are a decent manager away from a mid table position in my opinion.

For example, Cardiff were poo when we played them, both games, should have taken 6 points off them, but they are now sitting pretty in 11th place with 59 points. Coventry are another we could have taken 6 points from rather than 1.

We are currently struggling badly due to a lack of that "leadership" quality all teams need to play well and I do fear for our survival this season. However there are a load of other poo teams around us so we have a chance. If we can stagger over the line and stay in the championship this season then I am sure a good manager can work wonders. Its amazing what tactics, direction and motivation can do to a group of decent players. Schuey and Lowe were good managers, but nothing extra special, they just got Argyle and what we needed. Another one of those please and who knows what may happen next season.

Keep the faith......... and everything crossed.

Rowlypilgrim

Jam First
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 13, 2021
Mate, I so wish it was that simple but the manager, if he is good at the man management side as well as the coaching side, can only do so much.

Schuey if he hadn’t snuck off when he did would have still struggled this second half of the season. The lack of strength in depth of a championship squad coupled with heavy periods of congested fixtures would have seen us exposed somewhat.

What he did well, he did very well but there was no disguising the fact that our budget was tight, SH has always been very transparent about this. Personally I think the team spirit and never say die attitude would have been enough to see us through a little easier than it now is but Schuey did have his flaws and we did get lucky a few times.

fingers crossed that we stay up now and rebuild right after season ends.

Reactions: oldage

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Being honest, we just don’t have the quality or squad depth to do much better than we have of late.
Partly because of very poor recruitment in January when we were reeling from Schumacher‘s departure and etc etc IF.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Ultimately money has ruined football. That's why we can't compete right now.

We can debate several other factors which do contribute, but the bottom line is we have less money than others and a chairman who's not prepared to gamble with our existence (which gets a huge thumbs up from me) and thus we probably just have to accept that without investment, we'll be a yo-yo club.