• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)
  • Hello guests - don't forget that by registering and signing up for Pasoti you'll see less adverts plus receive extras like free match tickets, taking part in polls, joining in the chat room and more. Come and join us!

Old Plymouth photos. Please join in.

Aug 14, 2014
Being a West Cornwall man, I am unable to contribute any pictures to this thread, but appreciate those who have submitted copy I recognise.
I wonder if anyone remembers an aircraft embedded in a house along Alma Road in 1959/60/61, or perhaps has a photograph of it. Taking the bus from the city centre to Milehouse for Argyle matches, I recall passing this amazing sight, which, so I was lead to believe, occurred during the war.

Mar 30, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
Being a West Cornwall man, I am unable to contribute any pictures to this thread, but appreciate those who have submitted copy I recognise.
I wonder if anyone remembers an aircraft embedded in a house along Alma Road in 1959/60/61, or perhaps has a photograph of it. Taking the bus from the city centre to Milehouse for Argyle matches, I recall passing this amazing sight, which, so I was lead to believe, occurred during the war.
I was born in 1947 and grew up in Ford, I can't recall what you have described. Could this have been before 1959? Apologies if my memory is wrong.

Aug 14, 2014
Thank you very much for your reply deathadder, I don't think my memory is playing tricks either. My first visit to Home Park was in February 1959 and I feel the years I suggested were correct. I am unable to find a report of such an incident on the Internet, but as a 10/11 year old such a sight tends to last forever in the memory.

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Schuey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
NHS Cake Donor
T.O Support
Foodbank Donor
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Thank you very much for your reply deathadder, I don't think my memory is playing tricks either. My first visit to Home Park was in February 1959 and I feel the years I suggested were correct. I am unable to find a report of such an incident on the Internet, but as a 10/11 year old such a sight tends to last forever in the memory.
Mutley Plane?