Now tell me that Carl Fletcher is the right man for the job | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Now tell me that Carl Fletcher is the right man for the job

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Yes he is.

You can't play 90% of a match with 10 men, missing one of the better players at he club and hope for anything other than a draw being a good result.

I prefer Madjo to Griffiths as the latter didn't control or hold up the ball all day.

I prefer Cole to Gilmartin as Cole is a better shot stopper.

Those 2 changes and a ref that was less card happy in the first 20 minutes and we'd have been okay.

derbygreen

🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
Utter rubbish. We should still have the quality to beat Dorchester with 10 men and I'm sick of people using the sending off as an excuse. Analyse the game, we were poor and I've seen worse from Argyle but we are so poor. Time waits for no man but people think it is fine for Fletcher to have as much time as possible.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Ade the green":2icr7se4 said:
Yes he is... I prefer Madjo to Griffiths as the latter didn't control or hold up the ball all day... I prefer Cole to Gilmartin as Cole is a better shot stopper.
So you think Fletcher's team selection was wrong yet you're defending him? And using a silly but deserved early red card as an excuse?

G

Greenskin

Ade the green":2sw46113 said:
Yes he is.

You can't play 90% of a match with 10 men, missing one of the better players at he club and hope for anything other than a draw being a good result.

I prefer Madjo to Griffiths as the latter didn't control or hold up the ball all day.

I prefer Cole to Gilmartin as Cole is a better shot stopper.

Those 2 changes and a ref that was less card happy in the first 20 minutes and we'd have been okay.

So what you're saying is that no team has ever overcome the obstacle of losing a man early on and gone on to beat stronger teams than Dorchester?

Apr 24, 2006
Newton Abbot
Some fans can be so thickle.

Crying shame to be honest.

Who is out there who can do a better job?

An experienced manager towards the end of there time who has managed vseveral clubs in the lower leagues and achieved fluff all?
An experienced manager who is used to working with competitive transfer and wage budgets and had achieved fluff all?
Or
A young hungry manager who is dying to learn his trade and will learn by his mistakes and improve over time. With a back room staff who have argyle close to their heart and are also fresh into the game?

I know that I would rather have fletch who maybe is getting it wrong at times, however is besting a gut to try and make it right, rather than a John Gregory / Peter Reid who will demand higher wages, used to working with money and have achieved bugger all in their careers to shout about who know that if the job fails they will have a nice contract with sky or Espinoza to fall back on.

E

Every Saturday

Have a look at Dave Smith's track record before a struggling Argyle recruited him

Or Paul Sturrock's track record before a struggling Argyle recruited him

Or Neil Warnock's track record before a struggling Argyle recruited him

Messrs Sturrock and Warnock didnt do too badly at various clubs after they left Argyle either ...

If a manager has a proven track record with various clubs it doesnt necessarily mean he will fail at Argyle - it might actually mean his "winning habit" will continue here

Even if he doesnt achieve promotion, he will at least have the experience to dig us out of the mess we are in and the contacts to recruit the "wee gems who cost nothing" to play alongside our "young guns" and bring them on

G

Greens12

Terry Brown? Did wonders at AFC Wimbledon, I reckon he'll be up for it!