Northern Ireland - Super Cup | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Northern Ireland - Super Cup

Oct 21, 2015
If ever vindication was needed that funds raised for the Academy by PASOTI are making a difference ….Had the pleasure of attending this game as a local in Northern Ireland (well 50 miles each way !). Every one of this squad who played put a real shift in to close down a very talented Mexican side full of individual skill and tricks, and the lads were well drilled to allow them plenty of possession where it did not hurt us and kept our disciplined shape to close them down, catching them on the counter to score two good goals and then kept their nerve to win the penalty shoot out 6 - 5. Pure elation from the squad and coaches when the Mexican lad missed his penalty and we then scored the 'sudden death ' winner. Plenty of talent on show from the lads in Green with Oscar Massey scoring again today to make it 5 goals in 5 games the icing on the cake. Big smiles when presented with their winners medals and celebration by the whole squad when holding the trophy aloft. A big learning curve for these young lads playing top tournament football against strong opposition with varied styles of play...and I managed to congratulate one of the coaching staff who when told I was a PASOTI'ite said with complete sincerity that the funds we raise are REALLY appreciated and a major contribution, helping Argyle to be part of this fantastic youth tournament drawing teams from all over the world. Take a bow...

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
raffertymariner":k7f5r3ip said:
If ever vindication was needed that funds raised for the Academy by PASOTI are making a difference ….Had the pleasure of attending this game as a local in Northern Ireland (well 50 miles each way !). Every one of this squad who played put a real shift in to close down a very talented Mexican side full of individual skill and tricks, and the lads were well drilled to allow them plenty of possession where it did not hurt us and kept our disciplined shape to close them down, catching them on the counter to score two good goals and then kept their nerve to win the penalty shoot out 6 - 5. Pure elation from the squad and coaches when the Mexican lad missed his penalty and we then scored the 'sudden death ' winner. Plenty of talent on show from the lads in Green with Oscar Massey scoring again today to make it 5 goals in 5 games the icing on the cake. Big smiles when presented with their winners medals and celebration by the whole squad when holding the trophy aloft. A big learning curve for these young lads playing top tournament football against strong opposition with varied styles of play...and I managed to congratulate one of the coaching staff who when told I was a PASOTI'ite said with complete sincerity that the funds we raise are REALLY appreciated and a major contribution, helping Argyle to be part of this fantastic youth tournament drawing teams from all over the world. Take a bow...
That is great to hear from someone who was there. Your report is very much appreciated. So proud of those lads. Let’s hope that some of them progress to become ‘some of our own’ in about 5 years time.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Argyle's Oscar Massey picked up the Golden Boot for being top scorer in the Junior section.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Herald

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
raffertymariner":1yltxabe said:

Nice to hear that. Kevin Hodges was full of praise as well. :clap: