Next Manager | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next Manager

Your choice for new manager. One vote each

• John Eustace

Votes: 27 7.8%
  • Tony Mowbray

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • Neil Critchley

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Scott Parker

Votes: 24 6.9%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Gus Poyet

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Dick Schreuder

Votes: 51 14.7%
  • Jimmy Thelin

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Andrew Crofts

Votes: 24 6.9%
  • Michael Duff

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Chris Davies

Votes: 43 12.4%
  • Brian Barry-Murphy

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • Leighton Baines

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Ian Foster

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Dean Holden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Graeme Murty

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2005
Poll added, more names to be added as and when, you have  one vote each. Admin.

--------------------------------------------------------

At time of writing, Schumacher is still our manager, and might be for years to come.

But if he is off, who do we want to replace him?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Warnock. Maybe old school but he has the love.
Pretty confident it’ll be another young, progressive manager. We are a very, very good option for a young manager looking for their first big job as we back people, we are stable and well run, and we don’t over react. I see that Chris Davies, Spurs’ number 2, turned down Swansea. Someone like that. Clearly well rated. Swansea are not a safe place to start your managerial career. We are. And we need someone who can take low value players in the market and add value through their coaching ability.

Nov 18, 2011
Pretty confident it’ll be another young, progressive manager. We are a very, very good option for a young manager looking for their first big job as we back people, we are stable and well run, and we don’t over react. I see that Chris Davies, Spurs’ number 2, turned down Swansea. Someone like that. Clearly well rated. Swansea are not a safe place to start your managerial career. We are. And we need someone who can take low value players in the market and add value through their coaching ability.
Agreed. It wouldn't surprise me if it's someone young on their first management job but a very highly regarded coach.

It's the direction both Ipswich and Pompey took and is working out nicely for them.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I'd like to keep Mark Hughes and give him a run at it for a while, unless he's off with Schey.
I have to say when I’ve seen him interviewed I haven’t been impressed. When Shuey was interviewed on the Argyle podcast a couple of weeks before Lowe left, I was massively impressed. He was intelligent and clearly talented.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I’d have fancied Darren Way to step up if he hadn’t left earlier in the season.

Jan 6, 2004
I have to say when I’ve seen him interviewed I haven’t been impressed. When Shuey was interviewed on the Argyle podcast a couple of weeks before Lowe left, I was massively impressed. He was intelligent and clearly talented.
Schuey's interview after his first game in charge was actually terrible. He was incredibly nervous and unrecognisable from the interviews he gives these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.