Newport County v Plymouth Argyle - the build up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Newport County v Plymouth Argyle - the build up

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Preview: Newport vs Plymouth Argyle

Padraig Amond and Jamille Matt lead the line for County and formed one of League Two’s deadliest forward pairings last season, recording a combined 44 goals and assists (28G, 14A) between them. Individually, this accounted for almost half of the 59 league goals Newport scored last season.

Matt in particular is impressive, possessing both a burst of pace and excellent abilities as a target man. Many of his goals last season came from set pieces which will prove to be dangerous against an Argyle defence that has yet to concede a goal this season.

"

Jul 28, 2017
Given the amount of rain that fell on Friday, and more heavy showers forecast for today are there any plans for a pitch inspection at Rodney Parade?

Jan 28, 2014
Newport supporter here.
As just posted in another thread by myself, have no fear, game will be on. No rugby on pitch this season as yet, lots of rain yesterday afternoon / evening but it'll be fine today barring a possible shower or two well before kick off. Drainage is fine.

Oct 20, 2015
Jamille Matt? We know him well... Hope he doesn't score against us.

I'm optimistic for a win here, although I think Newport have the capability to cause problems and won't be a pushover.

Safe travels to the GA and make yourself heard, the away support is a crucial part of our performance today in what might be a tight game.