New retro kits and merchandise | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New retro kits and merchandise

Jimmyd

✅ Evergreen
♣️ SWAG Member
Jan 3, 2009
Those vertical stripe ones will sell very well, I'm sure

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
The cursed rotolock green and black stripes. I'm surprised the club has brought that one back. Smashing kit mind.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Damn, I have that Wembley 1996 one from the previous release but it didn't have the Admiral logo or the 'proper' retro Pilgrims crest.

Might get the 94/95 one instead (y)

smudja

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
Always hope for a replica of the Wembley play off win kit, with the extra green stripes on it

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I owned a black and green Rotolok one, I don't know how I managed it, but I actually wore it at Burnley for the 1st leg play off semi.

The next season about five games in I had the name 'Rubbish' put on the back by Bowden Sports. Several times that season, 'stewards' try to throw me out for wearing it.

Reactions: Andy B.

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
For those of us who don't live close enough to Plymouth to go to the shop all that often, does anyone have have any advice on sizing for a customer who isn't necessarily the largest person ever to buy a football shirt, but at the same time doesn't look like any of the lads in the photos...are they as snug as the modern kits?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
For those of us who don't live close enough to Plymouth to go to the shop all that often, does anyone have have any advice on sizing for a customer who isn't necessarily the largest person ever to buy a football shirt, but at the same time doesn't look like any of the lads in the photos...are they as snug as the modern kits?

Yep I've ordered Large and fits perfectly, when I'm normally between a Medium and Large. So size up similar to the modern kits, I'd say.

Reactions: Jon with no H
Dec 30, 2010
United Kingdom
The guys at Rotolok must be looking at their sales figures and wondering where the hell all this extra marketing revenue is coming from. I know every time I see one of those shirts at a game I'm straight on their website eyeing up rotary valves and diverters. Best investment they ever made!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The guys at Rotolok must be looking at their sales figures and wondering where the hell all this extra marketing revenue is coming from. I know every time I see one of those shirts at a game I'm straight on their website eyeing up rotary valves and diverters. Best investment they ever made!

Yep I always think this too, about Newcastle Brown Ale and Sharp and JVC etc etc on all these retro shirts :ROFLMAO:

I'm not 100% sure why the sponsor is always fine to reproduce, but the manufacturer isn't (though in this case it is o_O).

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Yep I always think this too, about Newcastle Brown Ale and Sharp and JVC etc etc on all these retro shirts :ROFLMAO:

I'm not 100% sure why the sponsor is always fine to reproduce, but the manufacturer isn't (though in this case it is o_O).
I'd guess with clothing brands they wouldn't want their logo on something that's been recreated by someone else and isn't actually made by them. And then for the brand that is actually recreating them they'd probably want their logo there too which is another complication. Whereas for the sponsors it's basically free advertising with little downside, they paid for it years ago, but they'd not be paying again now.

Reactions: GU7Green and Biggs