New Pasoti. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Pasoti.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
IJN":usidd6lc said:
Good questions Phill, which I can't answer just yet, as something geeky needs doing first. So I would imagine 'sometime this week' is the best answer I can give.

Here's a little glimpse of the graphics though.

lBSTj6b.png

Very nice :)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I am currently witnessing E mails twixt Gaddy's geeks and Snack Media's geeks, I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Cross your fingers peeps. :facepalm:

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Good luck for a smooth crossover IJN.

Social media - including Pasoti - has been through a fascinating few years…….. from very good to VERY bad & now I hope, it’s climbing again.

The world of social media has changed SO much in just a short few years - it’s not that long ago that the worst insult made of us Pasoti-ites was that that we were a “beard’….. how long-ago does that feel now?

One of things I used to say to my new recruits was “Treat social media as an untrustworthy friend - because the speed of it’s development & growth has (for the first time) outstripped that of the growth of society’s ethics, values & standards, which will need time to catch up it”.

As such, I love your statement of intent - for me that’s exactly the type of thing I’m looking for in the social media I will choose to participate in over the next few years.

So as I say, good luck bud - we should all remember that these things are NEVER flaw-free, so let’s all try band together & give constructive feedback for the bad ( & there WILL be some) as well as fulsome praise for what is good.

Keep it Green (ideally emerald rather than BRG)

Jon :)

Sep 24, 2018
Best of luck with the transfer. I have been a supporter for over 60 years and I have not lived in Plymouth for over 50. In the early days I relied on copies of the Herald, sent weekly by my Dad, for Argyle news. Then came Pasoti and the site has been part of my daily life ever since.
Thank you and well done to everyone behind this essential resource for all Greens.

Dave Dally

Jul 29, 2010
Thing is I quite like the 20th century though :think:

We recently bought a couple of 21st century cars and whilst they're clean, shiny and posh n'all they've got all sorts of tech that itches my poo and confuses the hell out of us.

Hopefully by the next time I log on it'll all have gone smoothly and the brave new dawn will be well into mid morning.

Can't help but feel it'll suit the kids more though and as always seems to be the case with 'progress', the traditional online fan will have less of what brought them here in the first place and more gimmicks and adverts.

Just don't facetw@tter it, please! I might not post often now but I like to read a lot and the comment 'easy to upload images' fills me with utter dread... I couldn't give a fat rats 'arris about pictures of what people had for breakfast, or what pub they're in, or what trout pout they can pull. Spare us from the cesspit of social media 'norms' please.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We were planning to launch it this week but we delayed it as we didn't want to put the OS in the shade, as they launch their new one today. :greensmile: ;)

Just a few things I've noticed, in no particular order.

1) We're all down as Green Apples, as you post, the green will get darker. ++ I've now deleted this function ++

2) All avatars were deleted, and I've spent about 6 hours reinstating them. Some I've got right, some I haven't, so if you miss your old one, let me know what it was, and I'll have a look to replacing it like with like. Although I would say, it's so very easy on the new site to do it yourself.

3) For some reason, some old names have come back, I noticed a few banned people are back under their old names, and I've changed a few to your new ones (you know who you are) but let me know if you have changed and I haven't noticed.

4) For some reasons during the migration a small amount of quotes have been scrambled into gobbledegook, no idea why, it's no biggy and we're certainly not going to spend any time on replacing the gobbledygook with what should have been there. It's all historical and will eventually fade and die like all things on the net.

5) Posty and Adam are working away in the background, testing the system (Posty) and prettifying (Adam) to get this as right as we can.

Please bare with us, this is brand new to all of us, but will be quite exciting.

We'll open up a 'What have you found' on the new site and you add your tuppence worth then, you're bound to find more than we have, but we've been working on this for about three weeks now and we think we've caught all the major stuff.

The trick on the new site will be to sign in rather than to watch as a 'guest' as signed in members will have advantages over those who don't, but you'll find out when the site pops up.

Oct 5, 2013
Thank you all very much for giving us such a great facility as PASOTI and for doing all this work to make it even better.