New JonB blog. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New JonB blog.

May 8, 2011
As it was GL Events who prepared and submitted the most recent documents to PCC about discharging Condition 19 and not Tony Hopwood or the Akkeron Group this time they are certainly getting paid for working on the main project.

Perhaps everyone should take a trip to St James Park to see how good their work is as they are the main contractor for their new grandstand.

Apparently lots of people on facebook who tend to rather critical are praising their workmanship and speed that they are completing it.

So it looks like Argyle has picked a good company.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Neath Green":27l4djvo said:
tonycholwell":27l4djvo said:
Biggs":27l4djvo said:
From that letter...

The Local Planning Authority has been provided with a significant amount of information relating to the proposed drainage for Phase 1 of the development. The principle of the works is accepted by officers although some outstanding information is still required. This information relates to works offsite and is still being negotiated. However, and given that this additional information does not affect the immediate construction phase the Lead Local Flood Authority has confirmed that a partial discharge is acceptable and that the development can commence whilst negotiations continue. The Lead Local Flood Authority does note however that complete discharge of Condition 19 should be attained within a reasonable timeframe. An extension of time has been agreed to facilitate this.

I hope this letter explains satisfactorily that Planning Permission 17/01684/OUT may now be implemented / commenced despite not having been given a formal Discharge of Conditions Decision Notice. You will of course be required to submit the additional information required for Condition 19 for approval at your earliest convenience so that the LPA can issue the Discharge of Conditions Decision Notice (18/00907/CDM).

:thumbup:

Biggs, I think what Dunlop was asking and more than once was has the contract been signed?

Subtlety, I think he was saying that conditions were making construction a goer, but only when a contract has been signed for the work.

Of course, if that's not what he was alluding to, he will be straight on to tell us.

I have responded on a previous topic about a contract being signed. It really is nothing to get worked up about. As I have said before as a Civil engineer with 35yrs in construction it is not uncommon for a contract not to be signed and agreed by all parties until well into the construction phase. The most important thing is that a main contractor has been appointed. Our company regularly commences work on a project under a letter of intent with an order to cover preliminary works etc. Until all designs are finalised and that will include any drainage designs/issues then neither party will sign off the final contract. With the encouraging news that the drainage issue is sorted I think we will see an announcement of the signed contract fairly soon.

When would think the relevant cost would be factored in .

A

andyr1963

dunlop":d0by9ia6 said:
Kentishgreen":d0by9ia6 said:
Isn’t it amazing the number of people who come on here and start off my saying “ it isn’t clear to me ...” it isn’t clear to if I’ll be alive tomorrow. It also isn’t clear to me if it’ll rain tomorrow.

It Isn't clear to me what you are saying, has the contract for the grandstand been signed and agree for both sides.

As K*ntishgreen, Pasoti's premier sycophant isn't clear.
NO the main contract to actually refurbish the grandstand has not been signed, but it is not a problem seems to be the concensus. A main contractor has yet to be appointed, but hopefully soon will be. :thumbs:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
andyr1963":3te3j8et said:
dunlop":3te3j8et said:
Kentishgreen":3te3j8et said:
Isn’t it amazing the number of people who come on here and start off my saying “ it isn’t clear to me ...” it isn’t clear to if I’ll be alive tomorrow. It also isn’t clear to me if it’ll rain tomorrow.

It Isn't clear to me what you are saying, has the contract for the grandstand been signed and agree for both sides.

NO the main contract to actually refurbish the grandstand has not been signed, but it is not a problem seems to be the concensus. A main contractor has yet to be appointed, but hopefully soon will be. :thumbs:
Have GL Events Ltd been binned Andy?

A

andyr1963

Keepitgreen":3jm8zwpt said:
andyr1963":3jm8zwpt said:
dunlop":3jm8zwpt said:
Kentishgreen":3jm8zwpt said:

Has the contract to refurbish the grandstand been signed?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
andyr1963":2q3hrzk3 said:
Keepitgreen":2q3hrzk3 said:
andyr1963":2q3hrzk3 said:
dunlop":2q3hrzk3 said:
Kentishgreen":2q3hrzk3 said:

We all know it hasn't but GL are involved on site, or so I thought. Unless you know different.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Can someone with more brain cells than me tell me how there are news stories and quotes like this if GL Events haven’t been appointed (regardless of an actual contract being signed)?

And like Keepitgreen, I understood that GL Events have done the superstore and ticket office already. So what’s the issue?

GL events UK has been appointed to carry out a stadia redevelopment at Home Park Stadium, home of Plymouth Argyle FC.

Scott Jameson, GL events UK Group, Managing Director, said:
This is a real endorsement of the exceptional high standards we set ourselves on any build, and we're delighted that Plymouth Argyle FC have put their faith in us.

https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/pl ... ts-uk.html

A

andyr1963

Keepitgreen":j7udcmj9 said:
andyr1963":j7udcmj9 said:
Keepitgreen":j7udcmj9 said:
andyr1963":j7udcmj9 said:
dunlop":j7udcmj9 said:
Kentishgreen":j7udcmj9 said:

No idea. Bledy hope not as that would be yet more delay.

We all know it hasn't but GL are involved on site, or so I thought. Unless you know different.

Hopefully there is no issue, no problems. Just a case of a straight answer to a straight question originally posed by Dunlop.

Mar 21, 2013
Some people sure like to create a drama, not much going on at home? How about we let the people who know what they're doing get on with minimal fuss & ‘some’ people can get all worked up when there’s an ‘actual, confirmed, genuine’ problem.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I have stayed out of all this right up to now as frankly it bores the pants off me. It is almost comical though to see so many here and elsewhere for weeks and months almost on a daily basis so concerned about knowing every detail of the planning permissions, consents, who is doing what blah blah blah. They are building a new Aldi quite near my home. Do all their customers want to know the ins and outs of a cat's backside before and during construction? Of course not, who cares who the main contractor is for Aldi and whether every last detail of the planning has been complied with on any given date. They just get on and build it and would soon get stopped if there was a major problem or issue. It is quite sad that people can spend hundreds of hours of their life consumed by this on a daily basis and almost wishing for problems for the football club they purport to support. When it's done it will be done, for God's sake relax and enjoy the best summer we have had in living memory.