New deals for Derek and the team | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New deals for Derek and the team

Mar 14, 2009
HC Green":12wxo61h said:
GoGoGreen":12wxo61h said:
gaspargomez":12wxo61h said:
Gary Rowett signed a long term contract at Derby a few months ago- now he’s off to Stoke. Let’s hope Adams didn’t just sign for a pay rise. I think that, with proper financial backing, he can really make a name for himself here.
But that will be Gary Rowett's 4th team in 6 seasons - DA is only on his 2nd team in a much longer period. Maybe it's not all about the money (fingers crossed). Totally agree that he's all set to make a name for himself here, already made a good start!

The owner of Derby has already indicated that next year’s budget will be lower and cuts will have to be made. Stoke’s budget will be much larger due to the parachute payment. Rowlett can see which is the better bet for a successful season next year.

The Derby situation is because they are worried about a transfer embargo if they don’t reduce their debt. The same happened to Forest l believe either last season or the one before.

It’s good news but a contract isn’t really worth much these days. If a bigger club comes in they pay the compensation and things move on quickly.

We were all big fans of Holloway, personally l still am, but when the right opportunity comes along these people will go. Is Adams different? He is ambitious isn’t he? Sturrock, Pulis, Holloway....they all get Argyle to a certain level and unfortunately leave because Argyle can’t compete with the championship clubs at this moment in time.

Aug 5, 2016
The more Argyle pay Adams, the more any other club will owe PAFC to buy DA out of his contract. Good news in my opinion, even if his contract length hasn't necessarily changed.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I wonder if it was in his contract? A new improved terms contract if a top 10 L1 finish is achieved or something similar

C

chrisrobin

Knibbsworth":1p7gfs33 said:
The more Argyle pay Adams, the more any other club will owe PAFC to buy DA out of his contract. Good news in my opinion, even if his contract length hasn't necessarily changed.

This! Realistically, it would be difficult for a club to justify coming in for him (unless top flight) for the next three seasons now. Players can sign a two/three year deal knowing they will be playing for the manager that wanted them this summer.