Nail-Biting time for the fixtures next weekend ? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Nail-Biting time for the fixtures next weekend ?

O

oggyale

The fixtures next weekend are going to be a nail-biter for all the five/four (not included Bradford or Dagenham,as i think they are safe on 46 points) bottom placed teams and fans ?.

Northampton,Argyle,Barnet,Macclesfield and Hereford are all going to be aiming for a victory,while at the same time hoping that those other relegation haunted rivals slip up.

The scenarios that can decide who stays up and who goes down are few,but daunting.

It will certainly be a testing time next Saturday and possibly beyond.

We are now down to the nitty-gritty side of the 2011/2012 campaign and Home Park (and the other three grounds too) will no doubt be places of strong character,but also tinged with a hint of possible nerves.

May 22, 2006
It looks like we've done enough already.

If you need any further reassurance, Steve Claridge said on the Football League Show that it's two from three to go down.

Is he ever wrong about football?

Exactly. I'm bricking it.

Apr 1, 2009
We'll be fine. Not because we are any good, but because there are 3 worse teams who are not going to string together the required wins.

Feb 21, 2011
Andrew Owen":22j6vha9 said:

If you need any further reassurance, Steve Claridge said on the Football League Show that it's two from three to go down.

First time i ever heard of that buffoon saying something even remotely positive about us, in reality we are safe barring a very strange set of results.

O

oggyale

Stranger things have happened in football,i won't rest until we are mathmatically safe.

I thought it would be around the 49 points mark for total safety a couple of weeks back,but 47 points or less it is for this season..

We can afford to lose the next two and still secure safety against Cheltenham,though i'd prefer safety to be secured sooner. And the sooner the team can achieve that,the better. Safety will bring out the ''plaudits'' and ''slaps on the backs'' for a job well done,thus bringing an end to what has been an awful 2011/12 campaign.

I will be keeping an ear to the other fixtures during Saturday's game....

Aug 22, 2006
BadBoy":35n92pm5 said:
Andrew Owen":35n92pm5 said:

First time i ever heard of that buffoon saying something even remotely positive about us, in reality we are safe barring a very strange set of results.

Why would anyone say something positive about our on the pitch performance the last 3 years? In terms of off it he speaks highly of us. It really is the urban myths of all urban myths that Steve Claridge always speaks down on us and knows jack all about football (from the championship to league 2) and whilst I agree he comes across a bit simple at times if you are summing up teams in a nutshell in a small amount of time you can't get all technical about it. MOTD get far more time to analyse 10-20 clubs as opposed to FLS where you've got to try and take into account 50-60 clubs in about that time. And by the way i'd rather have Claridge in a pub quiz where the joker card is played on the "football category" than Leroy Rosenior.
Back on topic - we can still go down no doubt about it and if we were to go down, in the position that we are in now, we totally deserve it. Lets hope Fletch and co can keep their composure - lets not go gung ho UNLESS we're safe after next week.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Its dark ....its cold .... what is round the corner (maybe a pidgeon)

Twists and turns ...... :think:

Witches and broomsticks ....

''Its a funny old game Saint''

Lets stir the mix and keep clubs and fans on the toes ... :stir: :stir: :whistle:

Arsenil 1 Wigan 2 :shock: :shock:

Fat lady is still in limbo .... ''mathematically !!!!!!!! is when - not before

P

pafcJet27

No worries about our league status.

only 2 points from mathmatical safety.

we lost last week,but gained ground when Hereford and Macclesfield both dropped 2 points.

Sep 6, 2006
pafcJet27":3glnp5q8 said:
No worries about our league status.

only 2 points from mathmatical safety.

we lost last week,but gained ground when Hereford and Macclesfield both dropped 2 points.

3 actually! How did we gain ground :facepalm: ?

Sep 28, 2011
I'm really not convinced we're safe until it's a given, too many clubs no matter how much in the poo can always pull it out of the bag when in dire staits. I mean look what we've achieved this year!
What's to say another team won't find the fighting spirit we've achieved.
No! We are still in the poo and I can't smoke my Havana until I see (R) beside the bottom two teams..........whoever that may be

Sep 6, 2006
plymptonpilgreen":1acqrbb1 said:
I'm really not convinced we're safe until it's a given, too many clubs no matter how much in the poo can always pull it out of the bag when in dire staits. I mean look what we've achieved this year!
What's to say another team won't find the fighting spirit we've achieved.
No! We are still in the poo and I can't smoke my Havana until I see (R) beside the bottom two teams..........whoever that may be

Look at Wigan last night.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
MAZZA26":1vgu107p said:
BadBoy":1vgu107p said:
Andrew Owen":1vgu107p said:

Why would anyone say something positive about our on the pitch performance the last 3 years? In terms of off it he speaks highly of us. It really is the urban myths of all urban myths that Steve Claridge always speaks down on us and knows jack all about football (from the championship to league 2) and whilst I agree he comes across a bit simple at times if you are summing up teams in a nutshell in a small amount of time you can't get all technical about it. MOTD get far more time to analyse 10-20 clubs as opposed to FLS where you've got to try and take into account 50-60 clubs in about that time. And by the way i'd rather have Claridge in a pub quiz where the joker card is played on the "football category" than Leroy Rosenior.
Back on topic - we can still go down no doubt about it and if we were to go down, in the position that we are in now, we totally deserve it. Lets hope Fletch and co can keep their composure - lets not go gung ho UNLESS we're safe after next week.

1/ Steve Claridge - great player - YES Great pundit, football manager or man - NO.
2/ We can still go down, but it is in our hands and I don't believe the manager or players will fail the Club now.

J

jannerabroad

oggyale":3q8k2sjv said:
The fixtures next weekend are going to be a nail-biter for all the five/four (not included Bradford or Dagenham,as i think they are safe on 46 points) bottom placed teams and fans ?.

Northampton,Argyle,Barnet,Macclesfield and Hereford are all going to be aiming for a victory,while at the same time hoping that those other relegation haunted rivals slip up.

The scenarios that can decide who stays up and who goes down are few,but daunting.

We are now down to the nitty-gritty side of the 2011/2012 campaign and Home Park (and the other three grounds too) will no doubt be places of strong character,but also tinged with a hint of possible nerves.
Three points on Saturday and we are safe.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
jannerabroad":2jrn3bxi said:
oggyale":2jrn3bxi said:

Three points on Saturday and we are safe.

Great time to be playing the team that gave us our worst tonking of the season then.