My Team | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

My Team

Mar 17, 2022
East of the tamar
I have been sat bored awaiting news of incoming and outgoings , dreading the threads of best team etc

so I thought a great thread would be to look at my all time team and the reasons why, they will not be the best, or most popular players, but those that stick in my mind, so hear goes

GK - Allan Nichols - saw him for the reserves before he made his first team debut and he was a real crazy horse, bought the game alive and had real character was taken from us far too early

RB - Gary Poole a real sense of something about to happen when he signed , I remember being at the club shop and for the first time in a while felt something different

CD- Tony James made the most remarkable save with a full length dive with his head in front of the Devonport end, so impressed I named my son James!

CD - Elliot Ward this guy just has charisma and made me want streaked long hair, but just loved watching him

LB - Tony Capaldi great guy, my sons favourite player and when he broke his leg, my son wrote to him , he not only responded but at the next game came and speak to James to say thanks awesome

RW - Martin Phillips - scored against us for Portsmouth on 21st July 2000 , I wasn’t there as my son chose to be born that evening and I couldn’t get to the game

CM - David Friio Gaelic charm , and a player that got me off my seat, rediscovered my love for Argyle thanks to him

CM - Russell Coughlin as a boy I saw him as a super hero , just tough as old boots and always gave 100%

LW - Paul Dalton remember that dink over the head of the defender and then on to score, I still dream about that 30 odd years later

CF - Tommy Tynan loved his ability, arrogance and knowing he would score , proper shorts, proper kit and memories in the old lyndhurst stand of getting crushed in 85 , those were the days!

CF - Dave Regis embarrassing but met the guy in a supermarket, got his autograph on a till receipt in the late 80s , was so proud of it but looking back realised how sad I must have looked

Manager - Ian Holloway, for all of his faults his team played great football, but more importantly he had a great personality and made me laugh

Some are not the best or the most popular, but they all contributed to be being a Plymouth Argyle fan and for that I will always be grateful

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Gary Poole, great player. Pity we only saw a season or so of him.
Saying that, we have had an embarrassment of riches at that position. Nisbet, Brown and Patterson were all great.

Reactions: Cousin Pavlos

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Tommy Tynan is my all time Mr Argyle

Mar 22, 2020
Pleased to see Tony James make it into someone's 11 other than mine. My favourite ever centre back. I remember that headed goal line clearance, the best I've ever witnessed. TJ was probably past his prime when he joined us and carrying a few war wounds. Seemed to be bandaged up most of the time. Very good player.

Reactions: EastoftheTamar

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Quick to delete but not so quick to answer a question?

• Haha
Reactions: Lancastergreen
Dec 9, 2008
Gk-Alan Nicholls
Rb-Mark Patterson
Cb-Mick Heathcote
Cb-Graham Coughlan
Lb-Paul Williams
Rcm-David Friio
Cm-Ronnie Mauge
Lcm-Steve Castle
Rw-David Norris
Cf-Mickey Evans
Lw-Paul Dalton.

Reactions: Green Painter

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
L McCormick

P Connolly, K Timar, G Coughlan, O Bhasera

P Halmosi, D Norris, L Nalis, A Buzsacky

BWP, SEB

Bench: M Cooper, M Seip, S Bradley, E Ward, S Sinclair, B Hayles

Reactions: Drakey
Nov 25, 2011
I have been sat bored awaiting news of incoming and outgoings , dreading the threads of best team etc

so I thought a great thread would be to look at my all time team and the reasons why, they will not be the best, or most popular players, but those that stick in my mind, so hear goes

GK - Allan Nichols - saw him for the reserves before he made his first team debut and he was a real crazy horse, bought the game alive and had real character was taken from us far too early

RB - Gary Poole a real sense of something about to happen when he signed , I remember being at the club shop and for the first time in a while felt something different

CD- Tony James made the most remarkable save with a full length dive with his head in front of the Devonport end, so impressed I named my son James!

CD - Elliot Ward this guy just has charisma and made me want streaked long hair, but just loved watching him

LB - Tony Capaldi great guy, my sons favourite player and when he broke his leg, my son wrote to him , he not only responded but at the next game came and speak to James to say thanks awesome

RW - Martin Phillips - scored against us for Portsmouth on 21st July 2000 , I wasn’t there as my son chose to be born that evening and I couldn’t get to the game

CM - David Friio Gaelic charm , and a player that got me off my seat, rediscovered my love for Argyle thanks to him

CM - Russell Coughlin as a boy I saw him as a super hero , just tough as old boots and always gave 100%

LW - Paul Dalton remember that dink over the head of the defender and then on to score, I still dream about that 30 odd years later

CF - Tommy Tynan loved his ability, arrogance and knowing he would score , proper shorts, proper kit and memories in the old lyndhurst stand of getting crushed in 85 , those were the days!

CF - Dave Regis embarrassing but met the guy in a supermarket, got his autograph on a till receipt in the late 80s , was so proud of it but looking back realised how sad I must have looked

Manager - Ian Holloway, for all of his faults his team played great football, but more importantly he had a great personality and made me laugh

Some are not the best or the most popular, but they all contributed to be being a Plymouth Argyle fan and for that I will always be grateful
Friio, Gaelic charm? Gallic more like! LOL

May 18, 2011
GK McCormick
RB Connolly
CB Coughlan
CB Doumbe
LB Capaldi
RM Norris
CM Nalis
CM Buzsaky
LM Halmosi
F Trigger (my favourite, absolute legend)
F SEB

Been watching since the mid 90s when my old man took me as a 5 year old to my first game, notable names to miss out, Bradley, Carey, Wotton, Hodges, Seip, Hayles to name a few

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
GK Alan Nicholls
RB Gary Poole
LB Tony Capaldi
CB Tony James
CB Elliott Ward
CM Steve McCall
CM Steve Castle
RW Akos Buzsaky
LW Paul Dalton
FW Barry Hayles
FW Mickey Evans

Dec 30, 2020
McCormick/Larrieu
Edwards
Sawyer
Bradley
Coughlan
Friio
Norris
Carey
Lameiras
Evans
Reid

Manager: Adams

Impossible to choose between the keepers and Cooper and Palmer also very good. Conversely, we don’t seem to have had many memorable left backs - picked Sawyer cos I couldn’t think of anyone else.

Reactions: newbsy