Mr Ridsdale? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mr Ridsdale?

G

Gareth Nicholson

Perhaps a midlands team which has just appointed an 18 year old at the top following the arrest of the owner, thereby opening up a role for a 'genuine football man'?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Gareth Nicholson":m6b9lyac said:
Perhaps a midlands team which has just appointed an 18 year old at the top following the arrest of the owner, thereby opening up a role for a 'genuine football man'?

What's the 18 year old bit about? I've not seen that in the news (assuming you are referring to Birmingham City here).

Personally, and having looked at the midlands clubs in the Championship (Birmingham, Coventry, Derby, Doncaster, Leicester, Nottingham Forest, Peterborough), I reckon Coventry are a much more likely possibility here. Birmingham are loaded with parachute payments, Doncaster are low-budget, Leicester already have new owners, Forest seem to be buying, Peterborough are on the way back up, but Coventry (and maybe Derby) have got themselves stuck in the Championship and have spent quite large in recent years to try to get back to the Premier League. They must have run out of parachute money by now, so they'll be struggling financially to meet their squad outgoings on dwindling resources. Coventry is, of course, much closer to Leeds so there'd be much less travelling for PR and they are that much closer to the Premier League than us. The only snag is that it's not exactly good walking country round there.

I think that Deep Throat has been accurate with information before. The idea that an exit strategy is being prepared is an intriguing one.

C

charlee

And so that leaves us where? oh right in thee mire grrr!

If this is true i think it be the end of us.

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
you can see it now can't you?

"Brendan, my admin sense is tingling!"

A hasty about turn, last minute handover to Brent and the Trust before suddenly landing en masse at some other poor club with stories of what a fantastic job they'd just done in the south west.

"The run of the mill cash from Argyle is all but done, the ownership strategy is proving more of a headache than we thought - all into the ridders waggon and on to the next one."

Wishful thinking on my part maybe. Wouldn't wish this posse on another club but give anything to see them gone from mine.

Jan 2, 2010
"Fire up the admin-mobile, Brenda, pick me up on the way!"

Heaney last seen on the M5 walking north with a tape measure in his hands.

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
The Doctor":ordatmmp said:
What's the 18 year old bit about? I've not seen that in the news (assuming you are referring to Birmingham City here).

Carson Yeung has added his son to the board of directors and another director, who's family has been involved with the club for 70 years, has resigned I think.

Telegraph

A lot more money to be had for the Leeds crew at Birmingham than little ol' Plymouth.

G

Gareth Nicholson

Mario":10q6toqs said:
There were rumours of Coventry going into Administration..

That makes sense too, actually.

Wasn't Ray Ranson at Cov until left in March amid rumours that the Football League was investigating a loan made by his company to Cardiff City?

And doesn't Ranson's company hold shares in Coventry still?

And, going back a bit further, wasn't Ranson responsible for arranging the sale and leaseback agreements that allowed Leeds to sign Viduka, Kewell, Bridges, Jonson etc etc?

And wasn't Peter Ridsdale Chairman of Leeds United when those deals (that hamstrung the finances of Leeds United) were arranged?

Stick a bow on it.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Gareth Nicholson":23c14tq9 said:
Mario":23c14tq9 said:
There were rumours of Coventry going into Administration..

That makes sense too, actually.

Wasn't Ray Ranson at Cov until left in March amid rumours that the Football League was investigating a loan made by his company to Cardiff City?

And doesn't Ranson's company hold shares in Coventry still?

And, going back a bit further, wasn't Ranson responsible for arranging the sale and leaseback agreements that allowed Leeds to sign Viduka, Kewell, Bridges, Jonson etc etc?

And wasn't Peter Ridsdale Chairman of Leeds United when those deals (that hamstrung the finances of Leeds United) were arranged?

Stick a bow on it.

Yep, Ridsdale and Ranson have history at Leeds. Ranson's company bought players and leased them to Leeds. That word "offshore" crops up again.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2004 ... .features1

Ranson's company also loaned Cardiff City some money...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/ma ... rdiff-city

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... y-mortgage

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... =2&t=15589

Nov 3, 2006
The Doctor":38pt6ovh said:
Gareth Nicholson":38pt6ovh said:

Personally, and having looked at the midlands clubs in the Championship (Birmingham, Coventry, Derby, Doncaster, Leicester, Nottingham Forest, Peterborough), I reckon Coventry are a much more likely possibility here. Birmingham are loaded with parachute payments, Doncaster are low-budget, Leicester already have new owners, Forest seem to be buying, Peterborough are on the way back up, but Coventry (and maybe Derby) have got themselves stuck in the Championship and have spent quite large in recent years to try to get back to the Premier League. They must have run out of parachute money by now, so they'll be struggling financially to meet their squad outgoings on dwindling resources. Coventry is, of course, much closer to Leeds so there'd be much less travelling for PR and they are that much closer to the Premier League than us. The only snag is that it's not exactly good walking country round there.

I think that Deep Throat has been accurate with information before. The idea that an exit strategy is being prepared is an intriguing one.

Can you really call Peterborough and Doncaster 'midlands clubs?'

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Paul H":2s2be2e0 said:
The Doctor":2s2be2e0 said:
Gareth Nicholson":2s2be2e0 said:

Can you really call Peterborough and Doncaster 'midlands clubs?'

No you can't

May 26, 2011
Well its north of Plympton :) Where did this"info" originate Deep Throat it sounds ok!!

KEEPING IT GREEN!! :mrgreen:
NO TO HEANEY