Millwall v Argyle - the build up | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall v Argyle - the build up

Who do you think will win?

• Millwall

Votes: 100 41.2%
  • Argyle

Votes: 44 18.1%
  • It will be a draw

Votes: 99 40.7%

• Total voters
Apr 2, 2024
Exactly.

None of those made their debut or played in a game with relegation on the line.

Sep 28, 2022
Exactly.

None of those made their debut or played in a game with relegation on the line.
But I would suggest that the pressure on them was far greater than playing for the errr mighty Greens in a relegation fight from the Championship. No disrespect of course, mind you to be fair, facing Millwall at the Den probably isn't too dissimilar to facing the Vietcong!.( Sorry to all those outraged at the comparison, I apologise in advance).

Reactions: 999mattyg

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Why not, Rooney didn't do too bad for a kid, Mainoo ain't doing too bad for a kid, Bellingham also ain't doing too bad for a kid, our own Trevor Francis didn't do too bad for a kid. Good grief, the average age for a soldier in the Vietnam war was only nnnnnnineteen!,nineteen!.Need I go on, I guess not.

Except they were all generational talents.

Sep 28, 2022
Except they were all generational talents.
Exactly my point, they weren't "generational talents" when they were first selected. Francis was 16, I used to watch him play for Plymouth schoolboys. Nobody can tell how these players are going to react to pressure until they are selected and put under pressure. Issaka is a very talented player who needs to be given game time. Cricky moses he, s 18 now not 8.Get him on the field of play. Let him free.

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
Heart wants a win or draw
Head sadly says a loss.

If Hardie and MW start up front then we wont score. Nothing agaisnt them they have been fantastic but they are soo cold at the minute. I hope they prove me wrong. Maybe they have been on fire in training.

Just concentrating so much more on the brum result today. 😔

Reactions: johnmchardy

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
If Millwall score 1st it could be a long afternoon
I am expecting a full on physical onslaught as they will look to disrupt & unnerve us with the tactics they adopt
This is a extremely streetwise Championship team & no doubt they will have the referee in their pocket the entire game
I just hope the older pros in our team are able to rein in our younger players as we do not want a slew of yellow cards being given out for frustration which could boil out into something worse over the period of the game
Millwall are no mugs & will know how to play us
No time for respecting the opponent today we need to show the Lions we are not a bunch of pussy cats

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
The whole "a team is already safe so they will not take the game as seriously" or "a team is safe so they play without freedom" are narratives that only are decided after the game.. at the moment it's like Schrödinger's cat. Which one will we observe?

Oct 31, 2015
Need to find a goal and a clean sheet. We can't find either very well since January.

Dec 3, 2005
Well today's going to be the day, our destiny is in our own hands. I will gladly take a draw today & see what the others do. Huddersfield v Birmingham & Wednesday v WBA, I cannot see Wednesday continue to win games, WBA need the points to be certain of the playoffs. The other game a draw would be great.
COYG'S let do this!!
Having just checked the table, WBA & Norwich look certain to be in the playoffs, no way will Hull catch either, not with the goal difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Furnell
Sep 2, 2018
Basel
Its horrible to think we could feasibly be safe today, or equally in the relegation zone going into the last day. Would feel like Mk Dons again, playing Hull next week if we need a result

Jul 12, 2016
Well today's going to be the day, our destiny is in our own hands. I will gladly take a draw today & see what the others do. Huddersfield v Birmingham & Wednesday v WBA, I cannot see Wednesday continue to win games, WBA need the points to be certain of the playoffs. The other game a draw would be great.
COYG'S let do this!!
Having just checked the table, WBA & Norwich look certain to be in the playoffs, no way will Hull catch either, not with the goal difference.
Nothing is certain in football. Depends what fate has in store for us. In a way our destiny is not in our hands but Millwall’s 🤔

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
It’s horrible to think we could feasibly be safe today, or equally in the relegation zone going into the last day. Would feel like Mk Dons again, playing Hull next week if we need a result

Yep the uncertainty is horrible. Just put us out of our misery either way!

Feeling VERY nervous about this game, there’s a horrible feel about it.

Jun 27, 2019
Yep the uncertainty is horrible. Just put us out of our misery either way!

Feeling VERY nervous about this game, there’s a horrible feel about it.
Yep. Recent games for me have been a mixture of nervous excitement and dread. Today there is only dread.

I'll be watching it through my fingers and may even need a stiff drink.

Reactions: Greencat26