Millwall v Argyle - the build up | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall v Argyle - the build up

Who do you think will win?

• Millwall

Votes: 100 41.2%
  • Argyle

Votes: 44 18.1%
  • It will be a draw

Votes: 99 40.7%

• Total voters
Feb 24, 2008
The same ref who at Coventry assisted by the same linesman that said the ball was still in play.... Was the ref at Cardiff who said the ball was out, before whittaker turned and curled the ball over the keeper in to the net.
He owes us at least 1!! Saturday will be a perfect time to partly redeem himself.

Mar 24, 2019
I would go ultra defensive for this one ..we’ve gone off the boil in an attacking sense and a clean sheet would guarantee us a crucial point ..4-1-4-1

Cooper
Edwards. Phillips Gibson. Galloway

Houghton

Whittaker. Devine. Randell. Mumba

Waine

Sep 6, 2006
I would go ultra defensive for this one ..we’ve gone off the boil in an attacking sense and a clean sheet would guarantee us a crucial point ..4-1-4-1

Cooper
Edwards. Phillips Gibson. Galloway

Houghton

Whittaker. Devine. Randell. Mumba

Waine
That midfield doesn't look ultra defensive to me! 3 attack minded players who can't tackle. An argument for putting in Edwards or even Pleggy.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I shall drink to the Argyle spirit that prevailed at Millwall on the afternoon of Saturday 14.01.67. I think our stand-in managers should hang a blow-up of Harley Lawer's match report on the walls of the away dressing room on Saturday and say 'Right lads, emulate that!'

Mar 24, 2019
That midfield doesn't look ultra defensive to me! 3 attack minded players who can't tackle. An argument for putting in Edwards or even Pleggy.
I wouldn’t be against that …we don’t have many options in cm do we…whoever they pick I think it needs to be a 3 man midfield and not a 2 …going with just houghton and Randell in there is asking for trouble

Dec 29, 2011
Millwall fans even though their team have nothing to play, for seem to see this fixture as a celebration and thank you to their team for staying up.Their fans will be up for it as they always are.A replica of the meek 2nd half display at Stoke and they will walk all over us I feel

Jul 12, 2016
I think we channel our inner Foster, play very boring football, defend deep, restrict chances, maybe get into their penalty area once a half. And if Morgs can’t score a worldie then hope for a 0-0 and an important point.
I call that sensible football in the circumstances.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Millwall fans even though their team have nothing to play, for seem to see this fixture as a celebration and thank you to their team for staying up.Their fans will be up for it as they always are.A replica of the meek 2nd half display at Stoke and they will walk all over us I feel
They can now play relaxed football too and we will be tense as.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Dennis John, from the same Rhondda mining community as George Baker, played for both. He was a member of the Millwall side that launched that 59 game unbeaten run.

Reactions: Frank the Phone
Feb 27, 2024
I think Bundu would be worth a bet, he is strong and has a bit of pace, would be very useful if, as people say, we will get bullied. He can take it and dish it out.

Reactions: Beyton Green

Midsomer Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 14, 2015
Midsomer Norton, Naperville Chicago
I shall drink to the Argyle spirit that prevailed at Millwall on the afternoon of Saturday 14.01.67. I think our stand-in managers should hang a blow-up of Harley Lawer's match report on the walls of the away dressing room on Saturday and say 'Right lads, emulate that!'
IMG_0494.jpeg

Dec 23, 2005
Saturday 14 January 1967
MILLWALL FANS RIOT 'MILLWALL Soccer fans ' rioted yesterday after Plymouth Argyle ended their team's record of 59 home League matches without defeat. They hurled bottles at the Devon club's coach, smashing two windows and splintering the windscreen. On the field, as Argyle held on to win 2-1, goalkeeper Peter Shearing and right-back John Sillett were attacked by fans.

Let's hope it's not quite like this, although the score would be great!