Millwall - trains/parking | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Millwall - trains/parking

Nov 18, 2011
An alternative option would be to park somewhere like Woking and get the train to Clapham Junction.

Jump on a London Overground train to Surrey Quays then stop at one of many breweries under the arches at Bermondsey like this one:

Then it's not far to the ground from there.

As long as you don't wear colours and act like an idiot you'll be fine.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
Simplest is to get to Waterloo.
Then walk across the concourse, up the escalator to Waterloo East rail station.
Then catch the next train to London Bridge rail station, just one stop.

I am starting off for a drink at The George Inn – 75 Borough High Street, SE1 1NH, an old coaching inn.

As an alternative for food, there is nearby:
Borough Market Kitchen (street food traders) and restaurants. Near London Bridge
"Surrounding the Market, you’ll find a complementary blend of restaurants, bars and shops."
https://boroughmarket.org.uk/traders/?trader-day=saturday
Then, Train from London Bridge station to South Bermondsey Railway Station
Blimey The George, used to sometimes go there after work in the 80s and 90s. We're coming up on the coach, so don't know how much time we'll have to get from the ground to London Bridge and find somewhere to eat and back again.

Apr 15, 2023
Hounslow West tube station car park just off M4 near Heathrow is usually free at the weekend. However it is around an hour train journey on the Piccadilly line to central London and last two times I've parked there, there have been rail replacement busses taking even longer so worth checking TFL first.

Jan 4, 2016
I live in Surrey so know the m3 and the area relatively well. Depends how far you want to come "into" London really. If you came off and went into Wimbledon and parked at the multi-story there then you can pick up heaps of trains that get you into Waterloo, then its Jubilee Line around to London Bridge and then a short 10 min train to South Bermondsey.

Most of the trains from Reading / M4 corridor come into Paddington, but Virginia Water which is just off the M25/M4 and that will go into Waterloo. You really want to be on a train, in my opinion, that gets you into Waterloo not Paddington. Its a pain in the arse getting to London Bridge from Paddington.

Other option/suggestion (it depends on how far out you want to park) would be somewhere like Woking which isnt far from the M3 at all, and heaps of trains to Woking into Waterloo.

Happy to chat directly if I can help any more mate
Coming via M4 you could try the new'ish Elizabeth Line - plenty of options. Lived in the area for 15yrs, absolutely loved it. If you have time, walk along the south bank from Waterloo to Shad Thames (for the Dean Swift pub). Enjoy...shame I can't get a ticket.

Reactions: Floyd Pepper