Maxi | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Maxi

Mar 23, 2008
What has happened to him this season? Has been poor in comparison to last seasons lofty standards. His distribution is awful, virtually everytime he had the ball he aimlessly lumped it forward.

C

Cult Of Personality

Lost his mojo

He looks shot and lacking in confidence

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Not just him. Purse has been AWOL this season. Defensive composure is woeful, a aimless panic punt which gives the ball back to the opposition.

Question marks over the standard of coaching etc again.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
No Purse to tell him what to do. And when Purse has been available he's been playing with injury for the most part, and hence too busy concentrating on his own frailties.

T

thegirlf

At Fleetwood, him and MacDonald were warming up/practicing during half time and because we hadn't anything to celebrate we started cheering every time they scored. They were playing it up for the crowd and everything - little runs up to the ball before kicking it, celebrating when they scored a goal. After seeing him like that it's hard to believe that he isn't feeling confident or isn't happy within the team. Best thing about that trip away :lol:

S

sluggy_dave

thegirlf":iykxbmoz said:
At Fleetwood, him and MacDonald were warming up/practicing during half time and because we hadn't anything to celebrate we started cheering every time they scored. They were playing it up for the crowd and everything - little runs up to the ball before kicking it, celebrating when they scored a goal. After seeing him like that it's hard to believe that he isn't feeling confident or isn't happy within the team. Best thing about that trip away :lol:

I'll second that. Definetely the highlight of the afternoon........sad really!!

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I don't think he's been much worse than last season, it's just his main weakness has been showed up a lot more in this season than last. A tendency to hoof the ball when he could pass it. Last season that was an attribute that complimented our play, this season it slows it down a little. He's still a reasonable defender, I think our defence is worse than the sum of its parts. It needs more organisation massively. No-one seems to know whose duty is who half the time.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Maxime's a great defender, and he's not lost his ability, in my opinion. Everybody's flat because they want this too, and they're on a never-ending run of poor form. Unfortunately for Maxime, he coped very poorly with the captaincy but it was a great gesture to recognise how hard he works, and how well he plays.

Mar 21, 2008
We'd get more accurate forward passes if we put the ball in a big circus cannon and got pilgrim pete to launch it

Aug 28, 2012
My understanding is that he was signed primarily as a midfield player - apparently his tecnique is excellent. He was used as a centre half in the game against Northampton last year alongside Purse and we won 4-1 .......... from then on they were seen as the perfect pairing.

Maxi has certainly not reached the heights of last season. Poor form and now appears to have been stripped of the "Vice Captaincy" role can be doing nothing for confidence.

Great shame as he has the quality we need.

Jul 6, 2011
Deacster":w4scamkr said:
What has happened to him this season? Has been poor in comparison to last seasons lofty standards. His distribution is awful, virtually everytime he had the ball he aimlessly lumped it forward.

tbh He and a few others were doing that last season. It only stands out more now, because of the other bits he gets wrong, which he didn't do last season.
Still think Richards needs another opportunity

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Cult Of Personality":37c6lsdt said:
Lost his mojo

He looks shot and lacking in confidence
Perhaps the difference is that he is now playing with the security of a two year deal, whereas last season he was playing every game to earn a deal. His current form rather shows how difficult it is being a manager and a chairman. Most of us were delighted when it was announced that JB and CF had persuaded Maxi to stay. It seemed a real coup to have got him.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Perhaps the change of President in his own country has got to him? But, to be serious, I note his form has dipped this season compared to last. He is one of those CBs who could do with being 2/3 inches taller, but it is too late now.

sluggy_dave":mx9xh3ir said:
thegirlf":mx9xh3ir said:

I'll second that. Definetely the highlight of the afternoon........sad really!!
Agree with that. Unfortunately they couldn't seem to score with an open goal half the time, which was a bit telling.