Matt Kennedy (signs for St Johnstone) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Matt Kennedy (signs for St Johnstone)

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
John Cooper":vt2xgd3r said:
Could he play left back? Challenge Ryan Law?

No and Ryan Law is unlikely to be near the first team soon, if ever.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
We will see, won't we

B

Beercan

John Cooper":1dxk55dd said:
Ryan Law won’t be competing for LB this season. He’ll probably be sent out on loan. No where near good enough yet

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Steve Evans":28aqfxjt said:
Mark Pedlar":28aqfxjt said:
John Cooper":28aqfxjt said:

how do you know that mark?

I don't. It's an opinion based on the fact that we want to challenge for promotion not run a creche.

Mar 23, 2008
Mark Pedlar":276f9di8 said:
Steve Evans":276f9di8 said:
Mark Pedlar":276f9di8 said:
John Cooper":276f9di8 said:

I don't. It's an opinion based on the fact that we want to challenge for promotion not run a creche.
What an awful comment, so we don't want to promote our youth?? Ok the first team is really all that matters and results but your comment is very condescending and dismissive of our youth team.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Mark Pedlar":178dzx84 said:
Steve Evans":178dzx84 said:
Mark Pedlar":178dzx84 said:
John Cooper":178dzx84 said:

Agreed - although crèche comment is a little harsh. Unless these youth players are exceptional, they shouldn’t be knocking on the first XI door until age 20/21. The only one I see being likely to do that is Cooper. Loans are the best step for development now.

Feb 8, 2005
I agree with Mark, he will have to continue to improve to show that he is good enough to get a place in the squad, regardless of academy status.

Nothing is a given.

P

Piran-Pilgrim

Matt Kennedy just tweeted saying in France reading the book 'Once a pilgrim' either playing with us or will be playing FOR us.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Piran-Pilgrim":3rh76yv6 said:
Matt Kennedy just tweeted saying in France reading the book 'Once a pilgrim' either playing with us or will be playing FOR us.

Not quite... Matty Kennedy (the footballer) has retweeted a tweet that he was tagged into by a Matt Kennedy who just tweeted saying in France reading the book 'Once a pilgrim'.

Jan 27, 2012
Well I'm a big fan of this player- he wouldn't be a sub. IF Argyle can sign Kennedy then he would probably start the season as first choice ahead of Lamerias. I think the problem might be wages though... other clubs know he is a dangerous attacker when used properly.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
gaspargomez":1qry2yg6 said:
Well I'm a big fan of this player- he wouldn't be a sub. IF Argyle can sign Kennedy then he would probably start the season as first choice ahead of Lamerias. I think the problem might be wages though... other clubs know he is a dangerous attacker when used properly.

I'm not sure how a player who had limited success for a short period in League 2 and was relatively disappointing in League 1 (Kennedy with Argyle and at Portsmouth respectively) ousts a player who was highly successful in League 1 for about half a season once he got into the team (Lameiras).

I'm not saying that Kennedy that can't be successful at League 1 and I would quite like us to sign him (to replace Wylde/Ainsworth) but I don't see any compelling evidence that he is immediately a better bet than Lameiras.