Matchday Moments - Wigan Athletic | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Matchday Moments - Wigan Athletic

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

landons forehead":260iurj3 said:
Interesting to see Adams and Cook having what looked like an amicable chat at the end.

I don’t think there has ever been much between these two. They’re both passionate managers and I think there’s always been a level of mutual respect.

Wasn’t it Adams that had a touch line spat with his mate Terry Butcher to liven up the fans and the players?

Apr 9, 2011
Argy1e":2bfaapqd said:
Cobi Budge":2bfaapqd said:
For our penalty, no attempt to play the ball, denying a goal scoring opportunity, should have been a red, ref bottled that one.
Incorrect. The laws changed a couple of seasons ago.
Didnt stop Edwards getting sent off v Oxford & them also being awarded a penalty

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
arrythewurzel":35j484o1 said:
Sonny probably at fault for all 3 watching that. First 2 he loses his man. Third one he's marking the big 33 although I can't say he stood much chance with that last one.

Matthews should have kept the first out, seemed to go through him in slow motion, I like Remi a lot but if McCormick had conceded that one he'd be criticised.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
arrythewurzel":o5vzlwg6 said:
Sonny probably at fault for all 3 watching that. First 2 he loses his man. Third one he's marking the big 33 although I can't say he stood much chance with that last one.

Following on from this, more of a question for Charlie really, does DA have a copy of all the footage from your cameras to use to analyse the game? Its not like we have 25 cameras at every game recording it for match of the day/sky so I'd imagine this is all pretty valuable to him.

Oct 31, 2015
phil-thefluter24":25jffa0e said:
Argy1e":25jffa0e said:
Cobi Budge":25jffa0e said:
For our penalty, no attempt to play the ball, denying a goal scoring opportunity, should have been a red, ref bottled that one.
Incorrect. The laws changed a couple of seasons ago.
Didnt stop Edwards getting sent off v Oxford & them also being awarded a penalty

This is what grips my brown stuff the most. Eddy got sent off and we had a pen against for almost the dame thing and the ball was not kicked away in anger. The inconsistent way the rules are used is terrible. I get not seing the elbow to Carey and I get a dubious tackle or touch and dive both difficult for the refs to spot but 2 x identical incidents dealt with differently.

Now I believe the ref got it right on Saturday and the tef eho sent Eddy off got it wrong but both couldnt have got it right. Come on FA sort this out and bring in the tv playback ala rugby

Ps top job again Charlie. My favourite bit is Sawyers clearance over the cross bar. On the old pitch that would have gone in :)