Match-Day Moments - Stevenage | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Match-Day Moments - Stevenage

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":2nmvdawh said:
Bermudian Green":2nmvdawh said:
Balham_Green":2nmvdawh said:
rsp4":2nmvdawh said:
As I sit in the Demport I couldn't see either incident now looking at Charlie's angles the first one is a foul that really winds me up with refs. If tackling from behind is against the rules then it's a pen but refs are so inconsistent with this rule.

The assault on Sarcs is a pen all day long. That looks like 2 stone wall shouts in two home games. Their defender didn't even attempt to get the ball but just panicked when Sarcs nicked it off him

Tackling from behind is NOT against the rules if you get the ball, only if you take a players' legs first. Perfectly legal challenge.

That's not strictly true. The laws make no mention of whether the ball was touched or not, it's still a tackle from behind. The ref has to decide whether the challenge was reckless, careless or with excessive force. If he got the ball from behind but with excessive force, it's a foul.

Not strictly true. It's if you endanger the safety of an opponent. So that could be quite subjective. But if the tackle succeeds in winning the ball rather than going through a players' legs it is much less likely to endanger somebody. The tackle on Ladapo did not do so.

So ... can you move on to finding a way for the referee not to give a pen for the fouls on Sarcevic and then Grant? :think:

Balham_Green":3exsvnbw said:
Bermudian Green":3exsvnbw said:
Balham_Green":3exsvnbw said:
rsp4":3exsvnbw said:
As I sit in the Demport I couldn't see either incident now looking at Charlie's angles the first one is a foul that really winds me up with refs. If tackling from behind is against the rules then it's a pen but refs are so inconsistent with this rule.

The assault on Sarcs is a pen all day long. That looks like 2 stone wall shouts in two home games. Their defender didn't even attempt to get the ball but just panicked when Sarcs nicked it off him

Tackling from behind is NOT against the rules if you get the ball, only if you take a players' legs first. Perfectly legal challenge.

That's not strictly true. The laws make no mention of whether the ball was touched or not, it's still a tackle from behind. The ref has to decide whether the challenge was reckless, careless or with excessive force. If he got the ball from behind but with excessive force, it's a foul.

Not strictly true. It's if you endanger the safety of an opponent. So that could be quite subjective. But if the tackle succeeds in winning the ball rather than going through a players' legs it is much less likely to endanger somebody. The tackle on Ladapo did not do so.

Yes, it's subjective. The "not strictly true" reference was to your point regarding getting the ball. The laws do not mention the ball.

Sep 6, 2006
Pogleswoody":2ij81cm9 said:
Balham_Green":2ij81cm9 said:
Bermudian Green":2ij81cm9 said:
Balham_Green":2ij81cm9 said:
rsp4":2ij81cm9 said:

So ... can you move on to finding a way for the referee not to give a pen for the fouls on Sarcevic and then Grant? :think:

Looks to me like a pen on Sarcevic for sure.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":3aoocxyk said:
Pogleswoody":3aoocxyk said:
Bermudian Green":3aoocxyk said:
rsp4":3aoocxyk said:

Looks to me like a pen on Sarcevic for sure.

Blimey Balhers ... I'm shocked!! :shock:
:lol: :thumbs:

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
ealinggreen":rqdatfey said:
I wonder if word gets around and we are paying the penalty for opposition managers suggesting Carey goes down easily.

Which, like it or not, is true.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think he’s been a lot better this season. Last season I was embarrassed by some of his diving.

May 8, 2011
Mark Pedlar":1bsz0y4l said:
ealinggreen":1bsz0y4l said:
I wonder if word gets around and we are paying the penalty for opposition managers suggesting Carey goes down easily.
S

So are you saying Referees are getting Ladapo and J Grant confused with Carey?

HC Green":kebz0rqg said:
Mark Pedlar":kebz0rqg said:
ealinggreen":kebz0rqg said:
S

So are you saying Referees are getting Ladapo and J Grant confused with Carey?

More likely that we are getting a reputation as a team who dives, because of Carey's antics.

Oct 31, 2015
Bermudian Green":3mf7t426 said:
Balham_Green":3mf7t426 said:
Bermudian Green":3mf7t426 said:
Balham_Green":3mf7t426 said:
rsp4":3mf7t426 said:

Yes, it's subjective. The "not strictly true" reference was to your point regarding getting the ball. The laws do not mention the ball.

Glad we cleared the tackle from behind subject :)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
rsp4":rjdnivdq said:
Bermudian Green":rjdnivdq said:
Balham_Green":rjdnivdq said:
Bermudian Green":rjdnivdq said:
Balham_Green":rjdnivdq said:
rsp4":rjdnivdq said:

Glad we cleared the tackle from behind subject :)

Don't make the mistake I made .... don't google: 'tackle from behind' !!! :shock: :oops: