• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)

Masks at Home Park

signalspast

50/50 Sponsor
Aug 17, 2005
In the food industry even the basic food safety certificate teaches you to cover your mouth etc when coughing and sneezing because of how far droplets are projected. If this has been known for many many years why the sudden thought that masks don't do anything to help protect people.

Reactions: Kevin Gollop
Feb 13, 2021
So all the people that have the mentality of it wont happen to me jack & have chosen not be be vaccinated - what will they do if they end up in a hospital bed because of COVID- this world has become a very selfish self centred place. I have been jabbed & will continue to wear a mask- (it is my choice)
COVID is a lottery- is it a lottery you want to gamble against- that is the persons choice

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum
Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
So all the people that have the mentality of it wont happen to me jack & have chosen not be be vaccinated - what will they do if they end up in a hospital bed because of COVID- this world has become a very selfish self centred place. I have been jabbed & will continue to wear a mask- (it is my choice)
COVID is a lottery- is it a lottery you want to gamble against- that is the persons choice
I'd extend the no jab no entry to hospitals for those who choose not to be vaccinated. And to pubs of course.

Then if the impossible happens & they fall ill tough.

We're too soft with these people.

Reactions: Ray61 and robbieB

Willis88

50/50 Sponsor
Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I'd extend the no jab no entry to hospitals for those who choose not to be vaccinated. And to pubs of course.

Then if the impossible happens & they fall ill tough.

We're too soft with these people.
Whilst I see your point it's a dangerous line to walk.

Next it'll be don't treat smokers for cancer as they knew the risk, or alcoholics for alcohol related issues.

I can appreciate some people's hesitance when it comes to the vaccine (and I know others who have been advised against it due to other health issues), personal choice is key in all of this.

If someone's not comfortable for a legitimate reason then I can understand, the issue would be the identity someone who has reservations vs someone who is just being ignorant.

signalspast

50/50 Sponsor
Aug 17, 2005
So when you visit Derriford, at the moment say, for treatment or to see somebody in hospital.
Do you or do you not put a mask on. ??

Or is it a government conspiracy.
Lucky he isn't in the philippines over there if u broke the rules they sat you in a room overnight with a corpse of a person who had passed away from it

Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
I was in my local Asda this morning , wearing my mask , & there were tannoy announcements & wall posters requesting customers wear masks to protect their staff. I think that's the least people can do to protect the staff. We just flit in & out of the shop but they are exposed all day. The same can be said at Argyle ; we go & get a pasty & a pint which takes minutes but the staff are exposed to hundreds of people over a period of an hour or two.
Not wearing masks when requested to do so to protect staff is purely selfish in my opinion.

L G

Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
I was in my local Asda this morning , wearing my mask , & there were tannoy announcements & wall posters requesting customers wear masks to protect their staff. I think that's the least people can do to protect the staff. We just flit in & out of the shop but they are exposed all day. The same can be said at Argyle ; we go & get a pasty & a pint which takes minutes but the staff are exposed to hundreds of people over a period of an hour or two.
Not wearing masks when requested to do so to protect staff is purely selfish in my opinion.
Once you buy that pasty and pint, you have to stand back under the same concourse to consume your pint without your mask on. You may also choose to eat your pasty there or take it to your seat to eat it.
I was surprised last night to see the lack of people wearing masks on the train back to Cornwall.

Apr 8, 2014
I'm really glad I started this post. I'm 81 and I've been watching Argyle for 70 years. I've been vaccinated but no vaccine gives 100% protection. I would appreciate not being put at risk by those who wish to demonstrate "personal choice" in ignoring Argyle's advice as well as that of epidemiologists. My mask is worn, in the main, to protect others from any virus loaded droplets issuing from my nose or mouth. Please extend the same courtesy to me and mine!
Does your mask have a membrane in it or just a cloth covering?

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
Dr Colin Axon, who is Senior Engineering Lecturer at Brunel University and advises SAGE on ventilation and minimising the risk of cross infection in supermarkets, stadiums etc has stated "Standard face coverings (those cloth and blue paper masks) are just "comfort blankets" that do little to reduce the spread of Covid particles".
Dr Colin Axon has warned some cloth masks have gaps which are invisible to the naked eye, but are 5,000 times the size of viral Covid particles.
"The small sizes are not easily understood but an imperfect analogy would be to imagine marbles fired at builders' scaffolding, some might hit a pole and rebound, but obviously most will fly through".
Dr Axon said the public need to be offered a wider view of the science behind face masks, rather than the "partial view" of information being pushed by medics over their effectiveness. He accused medics of presenting a "cartoonish" view of how tiny particles travel through the air.
"Once a particle is not on a biological surface it is no longer a biomedical issue, it is simply about physics. The public has only a partial view of the story if information only comes from one type of source. Medics have some of the answers but not a whole view."
"Masks can catch droplets and sputum from a cough but what is important is that SARS CoV-2 is predominantly distributed by tiny aerosols which escape through gaps in standard masks. A Covid viral particle is around 100 nanometres, material gaps in blue surgical masks are up to 1,000 times that size, cloth mask gaps can be 5,000 times the size."

Added by Site Admin:-

Dr Axon has advised Sage and Nervtag on ventilation, he is not currently a Sage adviser.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 24, 2008
I thought the same on Tuesday. I didn't particular appreciate being searched by a maskless steward about a foot away from me either in entry. Seemed a completely unnecessary risk for a friendly game
Steward's with no masks or gloves asked to search/ pat me down me on Tuesday night, I said no chance, I gave the same reply when he said about searching my lads bag. (Although he was in the process of saying if you don't want me to I wont) And we had masks on.

Pogleswoody

Kate Sponsor
Lowey Sponsor
Pun Master
50/50 Sponsor
NHS Volunteer Supporter
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Steward's with no masks or gloves asked to search/ pat me down me on Tuesday night, I said no chance, I gave the same reply when he said about searching my lads bag. (Although he was in the process of saying if you don't want me to I wont) And we had masks on.
This is security?? I want to pat you down but I don't have to? I need to search your bag but I won't do it if you don't want me to??
Somebody has got something seriously wrong here.
As for looking in my wallet?? WTF??!!??

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
Lowey Sponsor
Pasoti Donor
Oct 31, 2010
The security person at the turnstiles is right in your personal space when using the scanner wand around your body and it's totally wrong for a male security member to use the scanner wand on female fans and then to scan up and down the inside of a female fans legs.

Reactions: Bernie Bernbaum
Nov 14, 2003

You do realise that the Plymouth infection rate is very high at 930 cases per 100k population?

You do realise that people are being hospitalised again in Plymouth with Covid and it‘s a lower age demographic this time?

I’d suggest to the posters above that if they don’t want to wear a mask in the concourse areas that perhaps they don’t go to football. After all, that’s your choice.

As for the nonsense about dictatorship, do me a favour. You need a passport to travel abroad, vaccinations against malaria and other diseases to go to certain countries. If you don‘t like the impact on your freedom, don’t go. It’s your choice.

I work in a hospital. I am at greater risk of catching Covid than most despite vaccinations and face masks. I wear a mask so I don’t breathe Covid on you inadvertently if I was asymptomatic, it’s not a great hardship is it?

If not wearing a mask only impacted you, I’d have no issue. That’s your choice like smoking or doing drugs. When it impacts on me and others, I think I have a right to challenge behaviour.

Mar 10, 2017
Can’t understand why the club is being so lax about mask. You only need to read the views of some of the posters on here to realise a minority of fans are not bothered about protecting fellow supporters.

Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
Disappointing if some fans are not following reasonable requests to wear masks in concourse, etc. as to security carrying out searches not wearing them, that is unacceptable in my opinion and something the Club should act on.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff
Apr 25, 2016

You do realise that the Plymouth infection rate is very high at 930 cases per 100k population?

You do realise that people are being hospitalised again in Plymouth with Covid and it‘s a lower age demographic this time?

I’d suggest to the posters above that if they don’t want to wear a mask in the concourse areas that perhaps they don’t go to football. After all, that’s your choice.

As for the nonsense about dictatorship, do me a favour. You need a passport to travel abroad, vaccinations against malaria and other diseases to go to certain countries. If you don‘t like the impact on your freedom, don’t go. It’s your choice.

I work in a hospital. I am at greater risk of catching Covid than most despite vaccinations and face masks. I wear a mask so I don’t breathe Covid on you inadvertently if I was asymptomatic, it’s not a great hardship is it?

If not wearing a mask only impacted you, I’d have no issue. That’s your choice like smoking or doing drugs. When it impacts on me and others, I think I have a right to challenge behaviour.

You said “I’d suggest to the posters above that if they don’t want to wear a mask in the concourse areas that perhaps they don’t go to football. After all, that’s your choice.”
But it’s their choice not to wear one and go to football, why don’t you choose not to go football? End of day it’s down to personal choice to wear one or not etc. After all this could all be avoided if they club said face masks are to be worn in the concourse and removed once you are at your seat.

Reactions: Chip green