Managerial ins and outs 23/24 | Page 40 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Managerial ins and outs 23/24

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Managerial Merry-go-round on full speed today
Sunderland is certainly turning into a poisoned chalice

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Who will be next at Sunderland?
It’s ridiculous really, clubs burning through managers (and money) and managers collecting clubs like they’re going out of fashion. I would have suggested Alex Neil given that he is currently out of a job but he’s had a go up there already. Rooney maybe? !

Jan 6, 2004
Alex Ferguson was allowed to underachieve at Manchester United for two seasons while he found his feet before becoming this country's and possibly the world's greatest ever manager. More clubs should pay attention to that.

Reactions: Miles Away

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Liverpool target Xabi Alonso is the preferred candidate to succeed Thomas Tuchel if Bayern Munich decide to part ways with the manager this summer – while they are also looking at Zinedine Zidane and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, according to Sky in Germany.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Alex Ferguson was allowed to underachieve at Manchester United for two seasons while he found his feet before becoming this country's and possibly the world's greatest ever manager. More clubs should pay attention to that.

I see what you mean but Ferguson at least had a track record of working miracles with Aberdeen prior to pitching up at Man U. Beale has nothing like that - the best he can point to is being assistant to Steven Gerrard when Rangers won the league in the pandemic year. Other than that he had a few promising months with QPR (before he walked out on them), and then a dreadful year as manager at Rangers.

I'm not sure who would take a punt on him now but I'd be amazed if it's at Championship level.

Reactions: Joe Totale
Nov 18, 2011
I see what you mean but Ferguson at least had a track record of working miracles with Aberdeen prior to pitching up at Man U. Beale has nothing like that - the best he can point to is being assistant to Steven Gerrard when Rangers won the league in the pandemic year. Other than that he had a few promising months with QPR (before he walked out on them), and then a dreadful year as manager at Rangers.

I'm not sure who would take a punt on him now but I'd be amazed if it's at Championship level.
A lot has changed in 40 years, the stakes are so much higher now, especially financially.
When Fergie wasn't quite working out at Man U, English clubs weren't even able to play in Europe! Nowadays being in the Champions league is everything for a club the size of Man U.

Reactions: Fergy
Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Liverpool target Xabi Alonso is the preferred candidate to succeed Thomas Tuchel if Bayern Munich decide to part ways with the manager this summer – while they are also looking at Zinedine Zidane and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, according to Sky in Germany.
I'm sure the irony of Solksjaer managing Munich wouldn't be lost on a lot of their supporters.

Harry Kane is destined to never win a trophy isn't he? He could sign for PSG and they'd find a way to finish 2nd.

Reactions: J Y Kelly