• Welcome to PASOTI (Sponsored by GA Solictors and Lang & Potter)

Manager sacking season well underway

Apr 12, 2016
571
0
Management is increasingly just a revolving door. The vast majority of managers are just keeping the seat warm for the next chap...
 
Nov 28, 2011
4,585
7
73
Romsey
Brussels Bureaucrat":1t3593kx said:
That seems amazing given how well he did last year. Bit harsh I think.
I think that the bottom of League Two is now such a huge trapdoor owners/chairmen get nervous. I recall how I felt when we dangled over it a few seasons back! And, of course, in some ways he has form down there as his appointment at Leyton Orient was part of the slide that took them to where they are now.
 
Oct 5, 2003
2,229
0
Devon
Football seems to be a roll of the dice essentially. Players move around, managers move and if it ever works it seems to be temporary. Some managers look like masters of the art one minute, then they have a disaster.
 
Mar 23, 2008
6,071
12
Steve Evans":2ud0rg0v said:
can't stand him for the way he mocked us when newcastle relegated us. :furious:
I remember that, totally unnecessary as they got promotion so why not just enjoy that. So delighted to see him fail for a second time as manager and hopefully he wont get another job.
 
Mar 8, 2011
5,478
4
24
Plymouth
Deacster":30ejkepm said:
Steve Evans":30ejkepm said:
can't stand him for the way he mocked us when newcastle relegated us. :furious:
I remember that, totally unnecessary as they got promotion so why not just enjoy that. So delighted to see him fail for a second time as manager and hopefully he wont get another job.
What did he do/say?

I remember Alan Smith clapping the Lyndhurst after the game.
 
Jan 20, 2004
699
7
I was really p#ssed off with Argyle that night. We get relegated as Newcastle get promoted and our club plays "We are the champions" for their fans to have a party rubbing our noses in it.
 
Sep 3, 2008
18,160
24
Plymouth
Mike E":1wrgsogl said:
I was really p#ssed off with Argyle that night. We get relegated as Newcastle get promoted and our club plays "We are the champions" for their fans to have a party rubbing our noses in it.

I was there that night and I remember admirimg the class that Argyle were showing.
 
Lundan Cabbie":119i6q56 said:
Mike E":119i6q56 said:
I was really p#ssed off with Argyle that night. We get relegated as Newcastle get promoted and our club plays "We are the champions" for their fans to have a party rubbing our noses in it.

I was there that night and I remember admirimg the class that Argyle were showing.

It was a PR calamity. It had been a miserable season from start to finish, and we decided to end the season by trying to help Newcastle celebrate after we'd just been relegated. It was clear that everything was beginning to unravel, it was just so inappropriate to try to suck up to the big boys while the club was about to fall apart.
 
Apr 12, 2016
571
0
To be honest I didn't have a problem with it. We knew we were going down at some point and it just coincided with their success. We got a lot of kudos from the Geordies for showing a bit of class.
 
Since I Was 33":8s2nf803 said:
To be honest I didn't have a problem with it. We knew we were going down at some point and it just coincided with their success. We got a lot of kudos from the Geordies for showing a bit of class.

Wonderful. So long as big-club Newcastle are happy, our own fans can go and do one.

That was just another in a long, long line of screw ups by Argyle at that point in our history.
 
Lundan Cabbie":1rlo33d2 said:
Mike E":1rlo33d2 said:
I was really p#ssed off with Argyle that night. We get relegated as Newcastle get promoted and our club plays "We are the champions" for their fans to have a party rubbing our noses in it.

I was there that night and I remember admirimg the class that Argyle were showing.

That's because you don't have green blood. Could you see Palace doing that when they drop into the 3rd division as Sunderland stuff you to get promoted?

If you even think about saying yes then I would suggest you are a fibby-wibby teller.