Man of the Match v Exeter? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Man of the Match v Exeter?

Man of the match v Exeter?

• Gilmartin

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Nelson

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Purse

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Blanchard

• Bhasera

• Young

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Hourihane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Molesley

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • Lennox

Votes: 28 26.9%
  • Gurrieri

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • Griffiths

• Williams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeney

• Chadwick

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
TynanWozGr8":2kju6a2i said:
Purse was outstanding at the back

Crazy decision to let him go in January

Overheard him (dp) talking and apparently the manager doesn't rate him and thinks he has too much to say

Fletcher or Purse to go???????? No question who in my mind

Guess this explains why CarlFletcher won't give permission to the Herald for an interview with Darren Purse. This will bite him in the arse if true cos once he's gone there's no stopping an interview.

Feb 21, 2011
Suprised Gurreri has so many votes given the marked change in our performance second half, went for Nelson myself played well out of position and was always available going forward.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
BadBoy":3lgvmf1j said:
Suprised Gurreri has so many votes given the marked change in our performance second half, went for Nelson myself played well out of position and was always available going forward.

I suspect the sole reason is that most, if not all, of the votes cast for Gurrieri were from people who did not attend the match, but wished to make an anti-Fletcher statement by voting for a player the manager subbed fairly early on for "tactical" reasons.
Quite pointless having these MOM polls if that is truly the case.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
kernow19":1muhxluz said:
BadBoy":1muhxluz said:

I suspect the sole reason is that most, if not all, of the votes cast for Gurrieri were from people who did not attend the match, but wished to make an anti-Fletcher statement by voting for a player the manager subbed fairly early on for "tactical" reasons.
Quite pointless having these MOM polls if that is truly the case.
I think that may not be too far from the mark. Gurreri DID play well but we wanted to make a change of shape-to do that we needed to sacrifice some midfielders, Gurreri was one of them,

P

PASTIE

Small matter too of gurrieri being kicked up in the air multiple times and being barely able to move when he applauded the fans at the end (which he never fails to do)
All the subs made sense to me. Bhasera was much more useful in an advanced role and nobody could have predicted quite what about disaster Williams would be. in fairness to him, I also think he redeemed himself after the sending off.
I can also take on board the defence of Griffiths for his thankless task but sadly he was the only Argyle player for me who didn't look good enough. His reading of the game and his touch was poor and I was really disappointed by his moaning at team mates.
Feeney and Chadwick have him a lesson in how to win the ball, chase, harry and be a nuisance. They held the ball up and terrified the city defence who ended up clearing the ball vertically for much of the last 15 minutes.
Purse was immense the whole game and made a tackle as valuable as a goal in the first half and what felt like another 10 in injury time. totally agree with the Nelson comments though and he is rapidly starting to look like our greatest asset again.
The team played well. No problem with the team selection, the tactics, the substitutions or the management. terribly sorry!

Jul 6, 2011
PASTIE":393ylj6w said:
Small matter too of gurrieri being kicked up in the air multiple times and being barely able to move when he applauded the fans at the end (which he never fails to do)
All the subs made sense to me. Bhasera was much more useful in an advanced role and nobody could have predicted quite what about disaster Williams would be. in fairness to him, I also think he redeemed himself after the sending off.
I can also take on board the defence of Griffiths for his thankless task but sadly he was the only Argyle player for me who didn't look good enough. His reading of the game and his touch was poor and I was really disappointed by his moaning at team mates.
Feeney and Chadwick have him a lesson in how to win the ball, chase, harry and be a nuisance. They held the ball up and terrified the city defence who ended up clearing the ball vertically for much of the last 15 minutes.
Purse was immense the whole game and made a tackle as valuable as a goal in the first half and what felt like another 10 in injury time. totally agree with the Nelson comments though and he is rapidly starting to look like our greatest asset again.
The team played well. No problem with the team selection, the tactics, the substitutions or the management. terribly sorry!

You've just gone down in the popularity stakes :greensmile:

I can understand Griff moaning at his teammates, the service and back up he gets must be soul destroying.

P

PASTIE

I did say I was terribly sorry!

Agree with the service and support comment, although that doesn't defend the constant attempt to control the ball with toblerone shaped shins. With a first touch like that, there is still hope for me as a footballer.