Man of the match (season to date) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Man of the match (season to date)

Jan 29, 2020
I did this last season. Basically totting up the number of votes (Leagues games) and number of MotM awards based on the closed p@soti poll, so I hope the mods don't mind me resurrecting again this season?

Scarr, Randell and Coops were our 3 stand outs last season as shown below

1691583695885.png

and here is the current season to date (obviously after only 1 game)

1691583607910.png

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Thanks Dan. Always interesting.

Just a thought - is there any noticable difference in the number of votes for e.g. home and away games that might skew the results? If so, is there a way to normalise the data to get a fairer reflection?

Reactions: Pifom
Jan 29, 2020
Thanks Dan. Always interesting.

Just a thought - is there any noticable difference in the number of votes for e.g. home and away games that might skew the results? If so, is there a way to normalise the data to get a fairer reflection?
Not really something I've thought about or understand the relevance of tbh. Last years split was roughly 40% of votes for away games and 60% for home but there is no saying of the "voters" how many were even at the game

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Not really something I've thought about or understand the relevance of tbh. Last years split was roughly 40% of votes for away games and 60% for home but there is no saying of the "voters" how many were even at the game
Sure. Was just thinking if the home games were getting 500 votes and the away 100, then a good performance in a home game might skew it. 60/40 probably not worth worrying over. Don't mind me.

Jan 29, 2020
Sure. Was just thinking if the home games were getting 500 votes and the away 100, then a good performance in a home game might skew it. 60/40 probably not worth worrying over. Don't mind me.
That does make sense, but with it being 60/40 I guess the skew isn't too much

Reactions: Lobster

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
Never thought about that but it is a good point Lobster. A score based on percentage of the vote each game would probably be a better metric, then it makes no difference if 1000 or 100 people vote from one game to the next.

Returnofthepob

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 20, 2015
Nice work Dan!
Looking at last seasons end point Pie chart, I wonder if another bar chart for % of MOMs would be easier to read - ok for now, but once there 15-20 segments makes it a bit difficult to read - especially on a phone.

But, lovely work mate 👍

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Cannot believe that Hardie has so little.??

I certainly think his performances have deserve higher amount of votes, esp considering he's the joint highest in the whole division for goal contributions this season so far (8 in 10 matches)