Makes me sick! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Makes me sick!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I've just been on Facebook and one of my friend's friend has stated they're giving up. The reason? That Manure drew today and are only 3 points in front in the race for the Premiership.

If these people had 1/1000th of the pain and stress we've had this year (or 3) how would they function?

:scarf:

Sep 28, 2011
dont get me started.

as ive announced on similar threads in the past, my colleagues are all from plymouth but they all support the prem teams, but they will say we are their second team when we are doing ok!!!!
C**KS

May 22, 2006
This year I've heard Arsenal, Man United, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool all being described as suffering a "crisis".

Some people don't know the bleddy meaning of the word.

Jun 11, 2006
I read this thread and chuckled. Today I made the rare visit tot he Tamar pub forgetting Manure were playing everton. Anyway I'm having lunch with the family and wearing my 01/02 Argo shirt surrounded by a sea of red shirts. Manure score and go into the lead. Seconds later there is a tap on my shoulder and I turn to see a pot bellied manure shirt in obligatory trackie bottoms trying to hold steady a beer. A very janner accent eminates from a podgy face and sprays into my face bellowing "eh bey, bet ya wish ya supported a bleddy proper team eh ". I behave, and just shake me head and laugh. Felt a bit sorry for the plastic actually.

However at the final whistle my sympathy for the plastic vanished. I look around. On the next table pot bellied manure chav has his head in his hands. I get up walk over to him, proceed to grab the famous Mayflower badge on my chest and thrust the badge towards him saying yeah that's a proper team. ( or less polite words to that affect! ). He got very angry. I just laughed a bit more. Priceless.

Jul 25, 2011
dont worry,just go to bed safe in the knowledge that their every victory-title is just a hollow,meaningless soap opera they watch on TV.Usually very insecure people who feel the need to bask in others glory.Very sad.

Mar 21, 2008
carlos fandango":8eub8sqw said:
I read this thread and chuckled. Today I made the rare visit tot he Tamar pub forgetting Manure were playing everton. Anyway I'm having lunch with the family and wearing my 01/02 Argo shirt surrounded by a sea of red shirts. Manure score and go into the lead. Seconds later there is a tap on my shoulder and I turn to see a pot bellied manure shirt in obligatory trackie bottoms trying to hold steady a beer. A very janner accent eminates from a podgy face and sprays into my face bellowing "eh bey, bet ya wish ya supported a bleddy proper team eh ". I behave, and just shake me head and laugh. Felt a bit sorry for the plastic actually.

However at the final whistle my sympathy for the plastic vanished. I look around. On the next table pot bellied manure chav has his head in his hands. I get up walk over to him, proceed to grab the famous Mayflower badge on my chest and thrust the badge towards him saying yeah that's a proper team. ( or less polite words to that affect! ). He got very angry. I just laughed a bit more. Priceless.

:lol: :thumbup:

Yep, that sums it up.

Sunny days wouldn't feel so special if it wasn't for rain, joy wouldn't feel so good, if it wasn't for pain...

a famous philosopher once wrote :shock:

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
Fantastic to see Manyou fans with their head in their hands. Lets hope it all goes wrong. After all Man City fans have suffered in the past and stuck with their side and now have had the luck of a huge tack over. Lets see these reds shirts used to wash the car over the summer. :thumbs:

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Sometimes I wish Argyle was never thrusted upon me by my parents when I was younger, I have early memories of two promotions and it was all so rosy. However the last three years have been when I've been the most passionate I've even been, over the last year we have experienced many, many, many low points but days like yesterday make up for it and makes the consecutive relegations that little bit more easy to stomach.

I'd rather support a yo-yo team like Argyle than be a Man Ure 'fan' who goes to Old Trafford once every five years but still claims to be a die hard.

A

argyle dude

Peter Ryan":1uwztc0h said:
The adage "One win of ours is worth ten of theirs" is worth bearing in mind.

Over the last few years I think Man U are still ahead on that count :problem:

Jun 22, 2005
Had an argument in a pub with a plastic Liverpool fan whilst wearing me Argo shirt once. I just don't see how they get any enjoyment out of it.

R

Rob O'Hare

I co-facilitated a training course last November for service engineers in Croydon, in which 9 of the attendees were from Exeter and 1 from Plymouth.

Was hoping for a bit of football related banter during the two long days of technical training on white goods appliances... They were absolutely gobsmacked that I supported Argyle.

6 of the lads all 30+ (including the Plymothian) were Liverpool fans, 2 Manure, 1 Newcastle and 1 supported Wolves. All born and bred in Devon. Plymouth lad was in his 40's and had never set foot into HP despite living in the area all his life! Travels upto Anfield 2-3 times a year though.