Luton Town on standby? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luton Town on standby?

Jul 21, 2006
I heard a disturbing rumour that the football league have contacted Luton to be on standby in case we go into liquidation. It's come from a friend of a friend, so I have no idea if it's true or not.

Mar 19, 2004
My guess would be that Ridsdale might have previously played up the liklihood of liquidation (TINA) if his £1 acquisition wasn't ratified.... hence (if this is true) they would be acting on that information....

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Drip fed scare-mongering from Ridsdale. If we were liquidated at this stage Div 2 would operate with one less team.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Mark Pedlar":2inrg2og said:
Drip fed scare-mongering from Ridsdale. If we were liquidated at this stage Div 2 would operate with one less team.

Exactly, all that would need to be sorted is how they re-balanced the league for the next season. I.e. less relegations from League 2 or more promotions from the conference.

C

charlee

Jesus we still have this threat in July, this is so stupid now.

I hope this is not true. This should have been done ****ing ages ago why are we always peed on.

Sep 20, 2003
Mark Pedlar":37jbcgkw said:

Where do you get that from ? This is a rumour and no where are there any quotes from PR.

Feb 21, 2008
I'm fairly sure that the other teams in the BSP would be dead chuffed if the FA just promoted Luton out of the league, a huge legal minefield methinks.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Wozzer Bowden":18hp620r said:
Mark Pedlar":18hp620r said:

Where do you get that from ? This is a rumour and no where are there any quotes from PR.

Innocent question Warren, or another confirmation that the Trust and plan B'ers are cosying up to Ridders?

If it's innocent then who else would profit from such a rubbish rumour? If not - this is a rumour board.

Sep 20, 2003
Mark Pedlar":1rs16rn2 said:
Wozzer Bowden":1rs16rn2 said:
Mark Pedlar":1rs16rn2 said:

Innocent question Warren, or another confirmation that the Trust and plan B'ers are cosying up to Ridders?

If it's innocent then who else would profit from such a rubbish rumour? If not - this is a rumour board.

Anything I post away from the Trust board is my own views. I don't see where I am cosying up to PR however I think a statement like yours could be deemed as Libel.

A

Anonymous

I didn't even understand Mark's post, Woz.

Ignore it, I did.

:greensmile: