Luke Young | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luke Young

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
briangreen":1hxi5lpl said:
I do agree that mocking the young lads will only destroy them, we need to be proper supporters and consistent.
We have been blessed with many good young players; some still here and some who have moved on to better things. I think Luke has played some brilliant games for us, but am not sure that his position should be central especially at this time of his development, would like to see him back out on the right wing and Macca up front with Griff/Madjo.

Luke Young, a local lad, will have a great career. Whether come the end it will be with us or not? I don't know, I hope so. He has talent and durability, but like a lot of todays players I am not sure it's being used in the right areas. But then again I'm not a manager, so who knows.
We have a few players who can play defending midfielder, Wotton, Jenkins, Lowry, Baz, but not Luke Young. It's just not his position.

Overall I think we are now seeing what happens when our reserves have no regular league to play in. When was the last time Lecoint, Simms, Copp, Lennox, Richards, Gilmartin, Chenowith etc had regular games to keep them match fit? Not entering any league was a bad decision I think...
All very true Brian. I guess finances are the major reason the reserves don't play in a league but it is a great shame and as you say it is denying all these youngsters valuable match time and the chance to develop at their own pace.