Lower Mayflower seat "evictions" | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lower Mayflower seat "evictions"

Feb 24, 2008
I'd also expect a fair size rise in the cost of season tickets this coming season. Everyone was expecting to pay more this season and were very happy with the price, BUT after a year in the championship and seeing what we are up against and other clubs costs I think it's inevitable. (like the increase in corporate availability).
Everyone has a price, for me this season (mostly šŸ˜‰) has been extremely entertaining and worth paying for.

Reactions: April 1971
May 10, 2013
Moving of the seats I actually get, I'd be a bit miffed if it was my seat as I'd expect anyone would be but I'd accept for the greater good.. however the bit that I'm not a fan of is there is currently a large waiting list as the stadium is sold out of season tickets and of course than being sold out for each match as a whole. So this selection of 'premium tickets' is being took off those that have supported us through the last few years. This is a gamble, we want to keep people having the argyle buzz and people wanting to come rain and shine, not just for a bit of flash.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
To stay in my same seats my only option is this new ā€œclub goldā€ offering, club offered 10% discount on the Ā£1,495 + VAT for kids, still works out at Ā£70odd per game for a child

Ah I see what you mean.

No brainer really, you have to move don't you?

MGM

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 7, 2021
Isnā€™t everything going up?

To be honest l expect a price rise for Championship or league one football next season. Itā€™s just the way things are these days so l wouldnā€™t expect Football to be different.

Plus, we have a waiting list. So if someone doesnā€™t want their ticket, someone else will. We are lucky in the sense we donā€™t get ā€œtouristā€ supporters like a London club would do. This is why clubs like Tottenham can yet again put season prices up for OAPā€™s next season.

These clubs want the ā€œday tripperā€œ to come & spend their money in the club shop. Its sickening to see the way top level football is going & treating the loyal supporter.

As for making room for corporate seats l feel for the people being evicted. However, with limited room & a fan base that now wants to compete in a league itā€™s not financially equipped to do, then what alternative is there to generate more money. Corporate sales at HP are going through the roof so commercially this makes viable, financial sense.

l donā€™t like it, but itā€™s the price you pay if you want to be successfu.

Aug 4, 2011
Ah I see what you mean.

No brainer really, you have to move don't you?
Yes indeed, but where is the question? As I take my 2 kids they (understandably) wonā€™t allow seats that are not together so quite what the offering will be remains to be seen, but wherever it maybe theyā€™re m not going to give the view that Iā€™ve had for the past 4 seasons (will be behind a pillar in the grandstand or front row somewhere else - basically seats nobody else wants)

Reactions: GreenEden

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
If you want the club to spend more on the team, then this is the sort of thing you're just going to have to suck up.
Thatā€™s great until they stop OAP discounts as they can get more money (I think Spurs have done this), then they stop U18 discounts etc etc. I think turfing people out of their seats as they can get more money for them is a poor show if Iā€™m honest. It doesnā€™t take in to account the loyalty of supporting the club through thin and thinner for decades.

The club are getting millions of pounds more next season if they stay up. The Gold package in my opinion has no value whatsoever. Fair play to the club if they can get it, how long they will I donā€™t know. There is some value in the gold plus which is what I will probably end up having to do.

Sep 22, 2020
maximise attendance or optimise attendance.

this is a big issue in football at the moment. do you maximise ground attendance (number of bums on seats) or optimise attendance (less bums on seats but more cash as you sell corproate packages etc).

we are seeing this at argyle. less cash for season tickets so while demand is high restrict season tickets and sell match tickets instead.

beginning of the end for me. everything done by the club requires extra profit. works while times are good. not so clever when the team struggles and you rely on the die hards.

NLG

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jan 16, 2006
Yes, and like others Iā€™ve tried introducing my kids into argyle. At Ā£80 a s/t itā€™s represented good value and got them hooked, Iā€™m now being asked to pay around the same amount PER GAME as I paid per season.

As long as they offer you seats elsewhere then I guess it's just something you have to accept, kids prices are ridiculously cheap, rightly so, but do cost the club in reduced average revenue per seat.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Despite our recent successes, I do question whether we have enough wealthy ā€˜supportersā€™ who would be prepared to pay that.

Cornwall and Devon has its affluent areas outside of Plymouth but are those inhabitants really going Argyle regularly?

Jan 6, 2004
The club is generally well run but I think it has to offer value in everything it does to maintain long term goodwill and thrive as a business - it is riding the crest of a wave at the moment, so can probably get away with more in the short term, but that will not last forever. Evergreen membership that appears to offer very poor value and this club gold package that no longer even gives access to the main hospitality lounge for nearly Ā£80 per match shows me that on occasion they are losing sight of this.

Oct 19, 2021
Despite our recent successes, I do question whether we have enough wealthy ā€˜supportersā€™ who would be prepared to pay that.

Cornwall and Devon has its affluent areas outside of Plymouth but are those inhabitants really going Argyle regularly?
Iā€™m sure Argyle have spent quite some time gaining evidence on what people are prepared to pay for certain facilities when they attend Argyle. They wouldnā€™t have made this decision if they werenā€™t confident they would sell the seats. That said, I do think they need to be very careful not to alienate long standing fans.

Reactions: Fergy
Aug 4, 2011
I can envisage a scenario where weā€™re struggling in league 1, or dare I say it back in league 2 in 8-10 years time. I wonder what price argyle will put on my seat then?
Iā€™ve never been one to buy into this whole ā€œthis is MY SEATā€ nonsense, but Iā€™ve been going for over 35 years, a season ticket holder for well over half of it, it now feels Iā€™m being priced (and bullied out of it). Iā€™ll reserve full judgement until I see what alternative Argyle offer, but with a season ticket waiting list Iā€™m not holding out much hope. Itā€™s more my kids (and others in the same boat) who I feel for. Been reeled in by some really good offers over the past few seasons to now effectively be dropped for Harry Enfields ā€œLoadsamoneyā€ instead

Reactions: greenpig27
Sep 22, 2020
Ā£80 for a club gold ticket? what do you get for that??? really am curious why anyone would pay Ā£80 to watch a match when you can pay Ā£16.74 with a mayflower season ticket?????

Reactions: greenpig27
Aug 4, 2011
Ā£80 for a club gold ticket? what do you get for that??? really am curious why anyone would pay Ā£80 to watch a match when you can pay Ā£16.74 with a mayflower season ticket?????
Already posted it.

Attachments

• IMG_4394.jpeg
    IMG_4394.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 50

MGM

āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 7, 2021
Football is a game for everyone. Nice in theory but how many working class people with families can afford it?

ln a way, as Argyle fans we havenā€™t experienced the levels of success where it will really hit us in the pocket. If we really want competitive pricing for fans then Argyle have to pass that costings onto the corporate levels.

And this is at our current levels l would say people can justify it. Yet the more successive we become, the higher the price will be. And the more people on the waiting list.

A club like Argyle, has a limited capacity ground. They are going to unfortunately annoy a section of the fan base as they tried to maximise every penny they can get.

This is what football has done. Itā€™s created very rich people & itā€™s not exactly looked after the fans. Iā€™m not talking Argyle. In general, there is a greed that has corrupted this game & costs are just going up. Whatā€™s next, the first U.K. based club to pay a million a week in wages for a player? Or the first club U.K club to spend Ā£150 million on a player. Where does it stop? Can it even stop itself?

What we experiencing now is a situation we had to find a solution too because costs in football are out of control.