Looks like he is staying - what can we do? | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Looks like he is staying - what can we do?

Oct 24, 2010
Mutley Green":116xkm6g said:
esmer":116xkm6g said:
Rejoice. I can't see that any manager could get us playing much better than we did yesterday.
This is a big test for James Brent, does he show faith and support an able young manager who is having an atrocious run of luck and reap the rewards in the future, or, like his predecessors, launch us into the cycle of continual change which has put us where we are now

Not sure who you are or what your agenda is, but you are talking rubbish, look at the stats and league table! You make out we are playing like Barcelona! Any team can pass the ball around the back 4 which hurts no team. Roy Hodgson said in an interview last week he doesn t care how much a team passes the ball along as it is in their own half!

I have a feeling you work for the club or perhaps you are trying to be different for attention, but stop coming on here making out we are playing well, i ve seen every home match and we have played well in small periods but not enough to sucure victory :facepalm:

I simply look beyond results and assess performance and, in my opinion (which I am sure you will allow I am entitled to one, this is after all a Plymouth Argyle football forum and you cannot expect everyone to agree with you) our performances over the season merit a position in the top half of the table, we are at the wrong end of the table because of too many individual defensive errors and simple bad luck. Now that is my OPINION is it OK with you that I express it????

Of course you are entitled to your opionion, but there is a fine line between opinion and trolling! Coming on here every time we get beat stating how wonderful things are, how great Fletch is, how unlucky we are is boarding on trolling.

Do you really think we merit to be in the top half of league? Do you go weekly? from what i have seen unfortunatly we are in the exact position we deserve, yes there are a few indiviual errors but it is down to organisation and tactics, as a team which falls under the manager job to work on.

I would love for fletch to succeed but stats don t back it up, how much longer can we have this "bad luck"? before we don t have a league club?
Let me quote the BBC stats from Saturday's game;

Possession 53% - 47% to us
Attempts at goal 22 - 9 to us
Corners 13-1 in our favour

And you are still bigoted enough to claim the best team won.

Very impressive stats Esmer, but we still lost AGAIN! We can have most possession in every remaining match but if we lose every one means nothing :banghead:

To stop yourself looking so stupid i ll get my 4 year old to PM to explain how a league table works!
They are impressive stats, it would be stupid to disregard them, but as they don't fit your agenda you choose to ignore them. Look up "bigot" in the dictionary.

Mar 19, 2010
Mark Pedlar":2xm5pqoz said:
Mutley - there is no need to call him "stupid" he has a different view, nothing more. His view is a bit odd in my opinion but he still has the right to express it.

Didn t mean Esmer was stupid if it came across that way apologies, i meant it was a silly statement to say results don t mater as long as we play well, all that really matters especially in the short term is results, of course ideally results with stunning football in the long term.

And of course he is entitled to his opinion, i m just frustrated and people telling me every thing is fine is winding me up sorry!

Dec 19, 2008
We have the first in football people. Come on. Let's ask the PASB to do something about this.

Jul 6, 2005
I can't understand how any knowlegable and experienced football watcher can produce a bunch of stats covering everything except the actual score - the only stat that matters!

All the corners and possession are meaningless if you can't even score, never mind win the game and the idea that achieving 1 point from 21, and only scoring 4 goals in the process, is largely a result of bad luck is ridiculous.

How many games have we all seen where a team has taken a battering but got the breakaway goal and won the game, it happens all the time.

I have seen Argyle do this on many occasions and come away from the game saying how resolute, organised and professional we were to grind out a result. In a way, it's more satisfying that winning 3 or 4 nil because it's the sign of a good team.

On the other hand, there's the teams who play quite well, huff and puff, get a few corners and appear to be dominating the game but without really testing the keeper much and cannot score. The longer the game goes on, you almost expect the other team to score and often they do and you feel robbed and complain about bad luck.

When this happens on a regular basis, it's not bad luck.

But it doesn't neccessarily mean you are a poor team either, just maybe that you are badly coached and poorly organised.

One of football biggest cliches is that "good teams get a result even when they play badly." We can't even get a result when we play well!

Perhaps Brent is wrong to bring in a DOF to prop up the floundering Fletcher and he should just wait until the luck comes back our way.

But it's no coincidence that every relegated team always cite bad luck.

E

Every Saturday

Maybe if we practice defending set pieces more we we will get "luckier" at defending them ...