Looks like he is staying - what can we do? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Looks like he is staying - what can we do?

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
A) protest at home park
B) all email James Brent
C) sit and take it
D) go to the next match support the players it'll all turn out ok
E) avoid the York game and go shopping
F) remember it's only football and do something to help the community

G

greenscooby

A) Not allowed to
B) No point it'll just be marked as spam and deleted
C) Aren't we doing that anyway?
D)Mmmmmmmmmm-not sure
E)Shopping? NO, afternoon in the pub maybe.
F)Aren't we helping the community by turning up

Oct 24, 2010
Rejoice. I can't see that any manager could get us playing much better than we did yesterday.
This is a big test for James Brent, does he show faith and support an able young manager who is having an atrocious run of luck and reap the rewards in the future, or, like his predecessors, launch us into the cycle of continual change which has put us where we are now

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Tony_Flags":241up5tl said:
A) protest at home park Won't be allowed, we could all spontaneously combust
B) all email James Brent Won't work, JB already gets far too many pro-Fletch emails to compete with
C) sit and take it Won't happen, some idiot will start booing or bring a fire hazardous banner into the ground
D) go to the next match support the players it'll all turn out ok Again look a point C, there are too many greens without respect for the manager or safety concious enough to hold back on the banners
E) avoid the York game and go shopping Won't work, some idiot will show up, the club will look to that one person in the stand and say "yea that just about makes 5711
F) remember it's only football and do something to help the community When do the season tickets need to be packed into envelopes?

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
esmer":1gc2pbz0 said:
Rejoice. I can't see that any manager could get us playing much better than we did yesterday.
This is a big test for James Brent, does he show faith and support an able young manager who is having an atrocious run of luck and reap the rewards in the future, or, like his predecessors, launch us into the cycle of continual change which has put us where we are now

Rubbish

He hasnt had a continual run of bad luck. You are deluded if you think that

Luck evens itself out over a number of games and we have had a fair bit of luck ourselves

The league table and form book does not lie

He needs removing as hes not up to it and if Brent doesnt replace him with some more capable with more experience then we will be in the Blue Square next season. It really is that simple

Aug 4, 2011
We're far too fickle to protest. Remember the "show Dan the red card" or the planned congregation under the stands mid way during a game a few seasons ago.

Damn even when the club was on the brink of folding less that 100 people would turn up for the "march to home park"

Oct 24, 2010
John Petrie":t0g9rsko said:
Esmer, how many goals did we score yesterday?

How many attacks did they need to score?

How did Fletch's changes affect the game?

How many games has it been since we last scored a goal?

How many times did their 'keeper need to make a save?

How many goals has Chadwick scored this year?

How many games has it been since we last won?

What percentage of home games have we won?

Why are we down the bottom of, not just the league, but all of the statistical tables which relate to winning games?
Don't panic

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
esmer":3olkcj2i said:
This is a big test simple task for James Brent, does he show faith and support an able young manager who is having an atrocious run of luck of results and reap the rewards cover the losses in the future? Or, like his predecessors, launch us into the cycle of continual change? which has put us where we are now (could have sworn that was down to administration)

You're right there Esmer :thumbs:

I like the idea of a continuous manager, I don't like this culture of sacking managers at every turn but at the same time if we are to stick with a manager over the longer term it has to be a manager that knows what they are doing and one that will take us back up the league where we belong and on recent evidence Fletch doesn't seem to know what he is doing and has shown that he isn't capable of taking us back up the league pyramid...

Oct 24, 2010
hoovermelon":3u7okr2w said:
esmer":3u7okr2w said:

Rubbish

He hasnt had a continual run of bad luck. You are deluded if you think that

Luck evens itself out over a number of games and we have had a fair bit of luck ourselves

The league table and form book does not lie

He needs removing as hes not up to it and if Brent doesnt replace him with some more capable with more experience then we will be in the Blue Square next season. It really is that simple
I do accept that there comes a time if we go on and on getting poor results there has to be a change, but we are a long way from that at this moment and no fair minded person who knows the first thing about football would sack a manger after a performance like the team produced yesterday.

Oct 24, 2010
Ollieargyle9":37msu6a6 said:
esmer":37msu6a6 said:
This is a big test simple task for James Brent, does he show faith and support an able young manager who is having an atrocious run of luck of results and reap the rewards cover the losses in the future? Or, like his predecessors, launch us into the cycle of continual change? which has put us where we are now (could have sworn that was down to administration)

You're right there Esmer :thumbs:

I like the idea of a continuous manager, I don't like this culture of sacking managers at every turn but at the same time if we are to stick with a manager over the longer term it has to be a manager that knows what they are doing and one that will take us back up the league where we belong and on recent evidence Fletch doesn't seem to know what he is doing and has shown that he isn't capable of taking us back up the league pyramid...
Would you mind not altering my posts.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Two things recently have told me he isn't going anywhere. The sanctioned loan for Moseley, and the reported Sexstone interview where the blame is laid clearly at the players themselves (if reported accurately of course).