Local games tomorrow | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Local games tomorrow

Oct 10, 2012
With no Argyle would recommend people take in a non league match if possible! Unfortunately and weirdly there aren’t too many in the immediate Plymouth area but here are a few in Devon (and Launceston!)

Torquay v Maidstone - FA Cup

Tiverton v Walton and Hersham - Step 3

Exmouth Town v Malvern Town - Step 4
Willand Rovers v Larkhall Athletic - Step 4

Buckland Athletic v Saltash United - Step 5
Millbrook AFC v Helston Athletic - Step 5

Launceston AFC v Dartmouth AFC - Step 6 cup
Teignmouth AFC v Dobwalls - Step 6 Cup

For the Cornish contingent there are many games in the county including Falmouth Town hosting Shepton Mallett (think that’ll be a cracker!)

Don’t knock it until you try it. It may not be prawn sandwiches and theatre but I guarantee it’ll be honest volunteers who put their heart and soul into ensuring these matches go ahead.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Precious few Rugby games locally either.
Albion and Services are away.
Tavi RFC are at home - to Plymstock Albion Oaks.

Jul 6, 2005
I went to the St Austell v Bodmin game at Poltaire, which ended a comfortable 4-0 to St Austell.

The pitch at Poltaire is probably the nearest you will see to the old Yeovil pitch at The Huish, with a very obvious top wing to bottom wing slope along the length of the pitch.

It reminded me of going there on the old Argyle train in December 1972 in the 2nd Round of the FA Cup. Yeovil 0 Argyle 2, with goals from Mike Dowling and Alan Welsh.

Back in the mid-60s, Argyle legends Mike Bickle and Derek Rickard scored a lot of goals whilst playing for St Austell.

Not including our most recent signing who made 1 appearance for Newquay, who was the last player to go from the South Western League to the Football League?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I went to the St Austell v Bodmin game at Poltaire, which ended a comfortable 4-0 to St Austell.

The pitch at Poltaire is probably the nearest you will see to the old Yeovil pitch at The Huish, with a very obvious top wing to bottom wing slope along the length of the pitch.

It reminded me of going there on the old Argyle train in December 1972 in the 2nd Round of the FA Cup. Yeovil 0 Argyle 2, with goals from Mike Dowling and Alan Welsh.

Back in the mid-60s, Argyle legends Mike Bickle and Derek Rickard scored a lot of goals whilst playing for St Austell.

Not including our most recent signing who made 1 appearance for Newquay, who was the last player to go from the South Western League to the Football League?
Martin Gritton, Porthleven to Argyle?
Before him Mark Damerell, John Brimacombe and David Philp probably?

Last edited:

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog

I know someone who played in that game (the one today at St Austell) - on the losing side unfortunately. They don’t normally get to okay at that level.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Don't forget Nigel Martyn who sadly bypassed Argyle. Now more likely to be seen in sporting action playing cricket for Knaresborough.

M
I didn't realise he had stayed up North and where better than Knaresborough, one of the nicest towns it has been my pleasure to visit. I still have an old dvd with Nigel in the dressing rooms at Mount Wise, Newquay as a 17 year old I think he was. I was involved in the Cornwall Junior cup final and Nigel was in goal for St Blazey in the Senior cup final which followed and so four teams shared the two dressing rooms between games. He played in the Junior cup final the previous season for Heavy Transport, St Austell.

Reactions: Martin Brock
I didn't realise he had stayed up North and where better than Knaresborough, one of the nicest towns it has been my pleasure to visit. I still have an old dvd with Nigel in the dressing rooms at Mount Wise, Newquay as a 17 year old I think he was. I was involved in the Cornwall Junior cup final and Nigel was in goal for St Blazey in the Senior cup final which followed and so four teams shared the two dressing rooms between games. He played in the Junior cup final the previous season for Heavy Transport, St Austell.
It's an enclave for former England goalkeepers as Paul Robinson lives in the town too.

M

Reactions: jerryatricjanner