Len Casey MBE RIP | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Len Casey MBE RIP

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
20200813_122306.jpg

20200813_121858.jpg

Len and Wally were bought with the help of the Argyle Supporters Club.

RIP Len, thoughts are with his family and friends.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Club informed by message facility on their website on Monday. Plymouth Live I've left messages. Anyone seen any mention of Len's passing on either medium?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Len Casey's daughter has provided me with the former Argyle captain's funeral arrangements. It will be on Friday 05 August at 1100 hours. The location is Basildon and District Crematorium, Church Road, Bowers Gifford, Essex SS13 2HG. There are 2 Chapels at the venue and this service will be held in the Riverview Chapel. I became really friendly with Len, particularly in the years since he lost his wife. We spoke quite frequently and I learned so much from him about professional football in the 50s and 60s, about life at Home Park, about the benevolent side of Ron Blindell that was not always widely recognised and a lot about his life after football. I am really disappointed that I am unable to travel and pay my last respects. A plaster cast on my lower left leg precludes driving and I can just imagine the reaction of rush-hour commuters as I hobble around London. They are miserable and self-centred enough without my intervention! I post this, just in case a supporter or a club official finds themselves in (or able to be in) that area at that time. I do know from previous personal experience that it means a great deal to the family to see the club or support represented. I saw at first hand at Wilf Carter's funeral in Bath how much David Felwick's attendance meant to the family.

Bovey Green lady

🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 29, 2019
Surely there must be a Pasoti member within a reasonable distance who could attend? Very sad if not.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Well, I couldn't make it to Essex but I will raise a glass to my old friend today.20220805_103155.jpg