Leicester moaning about fixture congestion | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Leicester moaning about fixture congestion

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
They used to play Christmas day then boxing day against the same opponents didn't they, once upon a time
Yep. If either day was a Sunday, there was a gap but certainly it was not unusual. If Christmas Day was, say, on a Monday, there would be a match that day, the following day against the same team and also matches on the Saturdays before and after. After WW2, Argyle usually had such games against clubs like Bristol, Fulham, Swansea but, in 1946, they had an away game at Birmingham on 21 December, another at Manchester City four days later on Christmas Day, Brum again at HP the next day, away to West Ham on 28th and away to Chesterfield on New Years Day. The Christmas double seems to have been phased out in the early 1960s.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Did we moan when we had Sunderland and Middlesbrough on consecutive away games over a fortnight ? No we simply went and took the point off Boro
Away at Boro was 3 points

Reactions: GreenEden

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
Let’s remind them that they have CHEATED their way to the top this season. And that’s what it is. It’s nothing but cheating.

Bore off, you sign a deal with the broadcasters that’s why you are paid the money you are Maresca. 👋

Rowlypilgrim

Jam First
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 13, 2021
Diddums, after all they have the smallest squad and can’t rotate can they? 😂😂
Having said that, let’s be classy and not take the mick….. until we have beaten them

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport

Leicester manager having a moan about having to travel to Plymouth for a Friday night game.

In other threads I have been negative about our chances but with Maresca getting his excuses in early we might have a chance against “tired” legs.
See i think this is being spun out of context, The manager is under so much pressure from the media and possibly at the top end board level.

He hit some points very well in that interview from what i watched on youtube that players across the entire league at this time of the season are tried and are human they are going to have games were teams will drop points.

I'm not seeing this as a weakness for us to exploit but feel he is simply saying it how it is for most clubs at the moment including ours.

It's up on youtube if anyone wants to watch it.

The Championship is relentlessly tough and thankfully after tomorrow's game our players at Argyle will have a full week for a massive game away to Stoke.