League 2...would it be that bad? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

League 2...would it be that bad?

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I am with FoDG above.

Financially bad, bad for morale and depressing Saturdays ahead.

If you have been to Macclesfield's ground then enough said. Back down among the dead men of football...... :doh:

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Balham_Green":1k3o807a said:
Nobby":1k3o807a said:
Weā€™re much better equipped to bounce back this time around and whether you like DA or not, he knows how to do well in that division.

But I agree, stay up at all costs.

So if he got us promoted again then get rid of him by that bizarre logic.

It was just a statement of fact, BG.

Last time we dropped to L2, we had about 2 senior players on our books.

DA has a great record in League 2 and I find it highly unlikely he will be sacked.

It would still be better to stay up at all costs.

Not sure whatā€™s so bizarre. Iā€™m not suggesting we have to keep him in League Two cos heā€™s good in that league and have to sack him in League One because heā€™s not so good in that one. I just donā€™t think heā€™ll get sacked.

Jul 12, 2016
Green_Matt":1i6qy3ez said:
Deacster":1i6qy3ez said:
Starting to think a fresh start in league 2 and a promotion campaign potentially under a new manager is far more exciting than another dour league 1 campaign under Adams.

I do think if we stay up and Adams remains, it will do much harm to attendances as so many are clearly fed up with the negative reactive football.
Our attendances are holding up well considering.
The only reason attendances have held up is the number of ST's being sold due to the grandstand refurbishment. We may be lucky to get a few extra sold next season due to novelty of the grandstand but can't imagine big crowds if we are playing Morecambe,Cheltenham, Grimsby etc

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I don't think it will be SO bad we'd win every game we play and win a trophy at the end.

But like Nobby said stay up at all cost.

Apr 9, 2011
hoovermelon":1ey19tml said:
up_the_line":1ey19tml said:
Plymouth Argyle: the only football club in the league where fans actively welcome relegation so they have the chance to win a few against Morecambe, Yeovil etc.
Astonishing.
Survive. Replace the negative manager. Give league 1 a competitive go next season and at least hold our own.

Sad thing is he is probably not the only one with that perspective

Sometimes it astounds me the acceptance of failure this fanbase feels acceptable
Total apathy is what has surrounded this club for decades. I was watching people sat around me on Monday after Barnsley's 3rd went in & all you could see was total resignation & apathy , no sign of anger nothing & the same on the pitch with the players which was even more scary i thought then this is part of the reason we are tagged" apathetic janners ". & is one reason why allegedly we are the largest city club never to have played in top flight our expectations are so low

Apr 9, 2011
GreenThing":30ymya88 said:
xmastree":30ymya88 said:
GreenThing":30ymya88 said:
Do I want us to be relegated? No. Will I be slitting my wrists (metaphorically)? Also no.

Some people take it all a bit too seriously, after all, itā€™s just a game of football.

Surely it's up to the individual to decide how seriously they take supporting Argyle? Every club has some fans to whom their club's fortunes are virtually the most important thing in their lives. Serious question - what gives you the right to dictate the level of acceptable seriousness?

Iā€™m not dictating anything to anyone people can take it as seriously as they want. I just find it a bit sad if people allow the result of football match to dictate their lives.

ā€œFootball is not a matter of life and death - itā€™s far mor serious than thatā€. Canā€™t remember who said that, but they were talking bollocks in my opinion.
Just for your information the manager who said your quote was none other than a certain Bill Shankly only one of the greatest managers of his or any other decade , i think sir it is you who is talking bollocks

Oct 16, 2016
Noooo, not at all, itā€™s absolutely fine going to League 2 so long AS YOU HAVENā€™T ALREADY BOUGHT A F****** SEASON TICKET

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
phil-thefluter24":tz3bdw8o said:
GreenThing":tz3bdw8o said:
xmastree":tz3bdw8o said:
GreenThing":tz3bdw8o said:
Do I want us to be relegated? No. Will I be slitting my wrists (metaphorically)? Also no.

Some people take it all a bit too seriously, after all, itā€™s just a game of football.

Surely it's up to the individual to decide how seriously they take supporting Argyle? Every club has some fans to whom their club's fortunes are virtually the most important thing in their lives. Serious question - what gives you the right to dictate the level of acceptable seriousness?

Iā€™m not dictating anything to anyone people can take it as seriously as they want. I just find it a bit sad if people allow the result of football match to dictate their lives.

ā€œFootball is not a matter of life and death - itā€™s far mor serious than thatā€. Canā€™t remember who said that, but they were talking bollocks in my opinion.
Just for your information the manager who said your quote was none other than a certain Bill Shankly only one of the greatest managers of his or any other decade , i think sir it is you who is talking bollocks

He might be one of the greatest managers, but he was still talking bollocks. You wouldnā€™t miss a relativeā€™s funeral or the birth or your son to attend a football match.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
r4h4al":y65wrx29 said:
Devon Derby. What's not to love? I can't wait! :scarf:
Coyg's
I didn't think it could get any worse after the thread title.

Not to mention they could still be a league above us come next season. Shows what we've become. :sick:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yeah, I always hate that part.

I don't mind it when they've worked their way up to us, but usually it signifies we've hit rock bottom. I hate those games I really do.

May 22, 2006
No way.

It's bleddy Div 3 North down there. Yeovil gone, probably Solihull or Salford coming up, Tranmere, Carlisle, Grimsby, Macclesfield, Morecambe...

And we'll be descended on twice a season by every 14 year old Exeter edgelord trying to banter with us. It's bad enough when the Pompey fans give us their bi-annual visit to remind us how little we matter to them (never seeming to get the irony). If we must suffer their BS then I'd rather do it in L1. To think nothing of them being a division higher than us.

We must do whatever we can to stay up. Pay the Southend chef to give them all gut rot if we have to.