Le Tour | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Le Tour

Nick McFarlane

Brickfields Donor
โ™ฃ๏ธ Senior Greens
โ™ฃ๏ธ PADSA Member
Sep 22, 2003
Glenholt, Plymouth
It's sad that you're all thinking drug cheat as soon as a great performance happens. I'm not having a go at any of you because it was also my first thought as he crossed the line. Sad sign of the times especially for cycling which is already very tainted.

Reactions: Belfast Green

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
It's sad that you're all thinking drug cheat as soon as a great performance happens. I'm not having a go at any of you because it was also my first thought as he crossed the line. Sad sign of the times especially for cycling which is already very tainted.

The problem is that you can have great rides, and extraordinary rides, and it's when you get a performance which falls into the latter camp which, unfortunately, sets the alarm bells ringing. I hate feeling that way - I adore cycling as a sport, but when you recall the Festina affair of the late 90s, sucked in by the lies spouted by the likes of Lance Armstrong (I defended him to the hilt back in the day ten years later, citing his "points" like his different cadence, his use of old fashioned gear shifters to save grams of weight, him rebuilding his muscle structure after his chemotherapy to make him a better cyclist, etc) or that by Brailsford who claimed that Team Sky was going to the cleanest team in the sport with a zero tolerance approach when they obviously weren't ... cycling still hasn't cleaned up it's act: it's just better at hiding it.

I reckon it'll take a couple of decades for cycling to really get its act together, unfortunately.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
โœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Sep 15, 2003
Spectators that cause accidents, while taking selfies, should be jailed.

Reactions: Quinny

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Reactions: Andy S

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
And ex-pro Irish journalist Paul Kimmage (who was blackballed by the cycling fraternity for his expose on drug taking in the sport in the 80s, and who was a thorn in the side of Lance Armstrong about his performances in press conferences in his heyday), has tweeted his scepticism of JV's ride.

Reactions: Daz

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
โœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
Sep 30, 2003
That goes for members of the gendarmerie taking photos too:

That was horrible. The rider wasnโ€™t looking where he was going there though and would have smashed the barriers anyway I reckon. A few sore bodies after that one!

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
And now JV aiming for the stage win. He's got 2 minutes to make up, but he looks remarkably fresh after yesterday's TT...

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Frustrating (for JV) a stalled motorbike had blocked the road, pretty much ending his charge. Simon Yates has every chance of catching Felix Gall, though.

Belfast Green

๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
โœ… Evergreen
๐ŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
And now JV aiming for the stage win. He's got 2 minutes to make up, but he looks remarkably fresh after yesterday's TT...
Truly remarkable ๐Ÿค”

Belfast Green

๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
โœ… Evergreen
๐ŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Great ride by Felix to win that stage. Simon Yates 20 seconds back in second.
Yates is one of the really good stories of this Tour.

Reactions: Quinny

Belfast Green

๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
โœ… Evergreen
๐ŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Reactions: SurreyJanner