Just Back | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Just Back

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Another defeat but one that we can take genuine positivity from.

Could argue that Macey could be dropped but on the other hand we need some continuity and understanding. We’re still lacking it but building slowly.

Keep that front end threat going and hopefully we can stabilise the back.

Hopefully this ship has started its turn.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Norwich Green":2l8ctlce said:
PAFC Norfolk":2l8ctlce said:
But for gods sake leave a player on the halfway line when defending a corner to give us at least a chance of an out ball.

Wasn't there yesterday but agree with this 100%, noticed this last season and it drives me mad :doh:
Agree with that. Also notice that, in home games, if opposition leave one player up when we have a corner or free kick, he regularly seems to pick up the ‘out’ ball ahead of our defenders.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
davie nine":998xfxqg said:
Norwich Green":998xfxqg said:
PAFC Norfolk":998xfxqg said:
But for gods sake leave a player on the halfway line when defending a corner to give us at least a chance of an out ball.

Wasn't there yesterday but agree with this 100%, noticed this last season and it drives me mad :doh:
Agree with that. Also notice that, in home games, if opposition leave one player up when we have a corner or free kick, he regularly seems to pick up the ‘out’ ball ahead of our defenders.

I think it must be a tactic used in the Scottish leagues as Sturrock also kept everyone back when defending corners.

The only reason I can think of for this is that it encourages the opposition to leave only one defender on the half way line, whereas they would leave two back if we keep a man forward. That would make a counter attack easier if we had a really pacy forward to run it the length of the pitch.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Tugboat":2zu90tj3 said:

Could argue that Macey could be dropped but on the other hand we need some continuity and understanding. We’re still lacking it but building slowly.

:thumbup:

You can get a relatively good idea from the highlights that it was a far more vibrant performance.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/1 ... 1-plymouth

Sep 6, 2006
Biggs":15rp229b said:
Tugboat":15rp229b said:

:thumbup:

You can get a relatively good idea from the highlights that it was a far more vibrant performance.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/1 ... 1-plymouth

More vibrant than Blackpool when we played so well you mean according to some?! However it was a better performance. More positive. Ibdont normally make excuses for Adams but not much mention has been made of how disruptive the 3 injuries were and playing a makeshift defence. But mistakes cost us again which is why we are where we are. Keeper not dealing with a corner, central halfs not dealing with the second (free header - Grant and completely unmarked - looks like Edwards switched off) plus we got away with Sarcevic reckless challenge.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Just seen the highlights, the amount of space the scorer is in for the second goal is absolutely criminal. Amateur defending.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Just watched the highlights myself, I don't see how anyone can consider us hard done by when you look at the defending for their winner.

Nothing short of shabolic.

Nov 2, 2004
Cobi Budge":2zz7saoe said:
Just watched the highlights myself, I don't see how anyone can consider us hard done by when you look at the defending for their winner.

Really,you don't think we were unlucky losing two of our back four injured.Wootton and Edwards were playing well.Grant has not played any competitive football and Wylde was playing fullback in a back four.No bad luck their.Why would you expect top defending we lost our defenders,I call that bad luck.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
ealinggreen":3ugnmmwg said:
Cobi Budge":3ugnmmwg said:

Really,you don't think we were unlucky losing two of our back four injured.Wootton and Edwards were playing well.Grant has not played any competitive football and Wylde was playing fullback in a back four.No bad luck their.Why would you expect top defending we lost our defenders,I call that bad luck.

It's got nothing to do with bad luck.

Leaving a man with that much space in your own box would be shambolic for a school team.

We still had two professional centre backs out there, it was a mess, don't try and defend it because we had to make a couple of substitutions.

Oct 31, 2015
ealinggreen":1ovdo8fd said:
Cobi Budge":1ovdo8fd said:

Why would you expect top defending we lost our defenders,I call that bad luck.

I hope your trying to get s bite ealing and Im about to get a whoosh because our defending has been shambolic since the Yeovil friendly. We have not seen proffesional let alone top defending all season!!!
There were 2 x proffesional CBs on the field who although I agree have not played together this season left enough space between them to drive a bus through.

That is poor football at the level I used to play which was a long way off proffesional :)

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
The amount of pressure we had to endure in the closing minutes something had to give, and it did unfortunately. Sometimes you have to defend from the front, which we did not do. A lack of pressing on the ball holder resulted in the goal ultimately.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Admit it, who though Foxy had equalised with his thunderbolt. I certainly did and was up!!

Agree though, sitting back can't work all of the time.

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":35sfejvq said:

So THREE injuries in the firsthour is not 'hard done by'??