Just Back (missed the game) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Just Back (missed the game)

A

Ajax66

Left Truro at midday. A30 and A38 an absolute nightmare. Turned round just before Terulefoot and now just got in. First game at HP I've missed this season. And it would arguably be the most important one. Fuming.
:furious:
Please please win this one. COYG

Sep 25, 2003
Carbis Bay
I left Penzance at 12 today too but wasn't going to the game as had to get back this evening. Roads were fine until I got to A38 turnoff so went up to Exeter via Tavistock - A38 was fine after Trago turnoff. Took me 3 1/2 hours just to get to my missus' parents in Exeter for a break. Took another 4 hours to get from Exeter to Basingstoke down the A303 - hour through Stonehenge... bleeding nightmare journey.

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
AJAX_66":3ssbh2ji said:
Left Truro at midday. A30 and A38 an absolute nightmare. Turned round just before Terulefoot and now just got in. First game at HP I've missed this season. And it would arguably be the most important one. Fuming.
:furious:
Please please win this one. COYG
Seriously?! Thats shocking :shock: I know someone who arrived back in Preston at 10.15, there must have been some serious problem.

Jan 6, 2007
Left Camborne 12-30, in Plymouth at 2-15, years of travelling up on bank holidays and knowing where the bottle necks are, also my co pilot knowing all the back roads :clap: cheers phil

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Was there an accident on the A38 near Trerulefoot? It was blocked solid, so a quick U-ey, a whizz (..) round the back roads and into Saltash via Callington lengthened the journey but got us there in time.

C

Charlie Wood

Fortunately the queue was back to Castle Motors when I went up. So here's the tip, turn down past said Castle Motors and follow the single track road to Hessenford, just as you get into the village turn back left up the hill and follow the roads around to come out by Windy Ridge. If you miss the turning at CM and catch the queue later you have to go half way to Trerulefoot before you can turn off right. No accident just the bottleneck of a summer (or bank holiday) Saturday.

Jul 12, 2004
I got back about 11.40pm when I would normally expect to get home around 8pm. My problem was the windscreen wipers stopped working - that is seriously scary. Had to stop and wait for the rain to stop and luckily I could cope with spray by stopping and wiping the windscreen.

There were traffic jams even then.

Came up from Penzance for it thinking it would be an easier trip than my usual Brighton pilgrimage. Took 3 and a half hours and the Brighton trip is only 4!! A30 was slow, 38 was a nightmare until after Trago then slow into Plymouth. Thankfully we left at half 10 hoping to get there for 12 for the fanfest. Made it in time for the Larrieu song!

Trip back was good though - hour and twenty.