January Transfer Window Looking Crucial | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

January Transfer Window Looking Crucial

Aug 13, 2011
It seems the more games we lose and the more we get drawn in to the ensuing relegation battle the more critical activity in the January transfer window becomes. The season so far is no different to the preceding ones. No real quality, no consistency deriving from not having enough quality, players 'working their socks off to no avail'. It really is now time to push the boat out financially in order to arrest this slide. This may mean James Brent having to free up some money from Akkerron in the form of a loan to the club if need be, but it is indeed looking perilous going in to 2013. I am unsure of rumours regarding Fletcher but whoever takes over, if he has left or is leaving, has in essence the same job, the same player deficiencies, the same backs against the wall battle. The Club needs an injection of money to survive on the field. Full stop.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Westbury Green":2dv45aqu said:
You could bring any player in the world to Home Park, but without competent mangement they will never be any benefit.

This.

I believe we have a good squad generally. Certainly capable with the right manager of the play offs come May. Definitely top ten. I don't think any more money needs to be thrown at the squad. The budget is big enough.

Aug 13, 2011
Cerbera":1dh3t36b said:
Westbury Green":1dh3t36b said:
You could bring any player in the world to Home Park, but without competent mangement they will never be any benefit.

This.

I believe we have a good squad generally. Certainly capable with the right manager of the play offs come May. Definitely top ten. I don't think any more money needs to be thrown at the squad. The budget is big enough.

Absolutely no way I can see this argument. If this is the case then CF must be an awful manager. You only have to look at the way we played when Ross Jenkins (Watford loanee) played against Morecambe to see what a bit of quality can do for us, it gelled the whole team, Hourihane had his best ever game alongside him, their defence cracked under the pressure etc, etc. All because we had some quality on the field of play. Yes, he would cost a lot of bucks but that is what is needed, we need to flash the cash a bit to get up the league. Hope alone may spring eternal but hope won't spring us up the league. We do lack real quality. How anyone can think this squad is adequate without an injection of talent baffles me. And it's no use saying this is what we've got, or we have no money. I think the Chairman has a pot there he could raid. He would ultimately reap the dividends of a push up the league in terms of bums in seats so it isn't wreckless to invest a little in the team, it is imperative in fact! Don't forget it wasn't overspending that got us in a mess but rather lack of ambition at the critical time when we could have made it big. People get that issue completely twisted around.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
CF is an awful manager.

Where do you think the Chairman's secret stash of money is? The club is only allowed to spend 55% of it's gate receipts on the playing budget. Or are you suggesting the Chairman uses his personal money? Why should he? PAFC is a business, as such it must make a profit or at least break even. Making sustained losses means administration. What are you talking about, it wasn't overspending that got us in a mess? Who spent £17m we didn't have then? You clearly have absolutely no fiscal understanding at all.

Nov 16, 2006
Cerbera":35y3jgpz said:
CF is an awful manager.

Where do you think the Chairman's secret stash of money is? The club is only allowed to spend 55% of it's gate receipts on the playing budget. Or are you suggesting the Chairman uses his personal money? Why should he? PAFC is a business, as such it must make a profit or at least break even. Making sustained losses means administration. What are you talking about, it wasn't overspending that got us in a mess? Who spent £17m we didn't have then? You clearly have absolutely no fiscal understanding at all.

But we defintely do have the money to sack 3 coaching staff and replace them with a team of experienced, previously successful and therefore almost certainly much more expensive people in their place?

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Steve.PAFC2012":2fyi2diy said:
Greenblooded1":2fyi2diy said:
Who can we sell then?
Chadwick and Feeney.
You need to find a buyer before you can sell anything. Feeney possibly but Chadwick unlikely. Something still tells me that there has to be a system of playing in which Feeney can be effective, maybe another manager out there knows what it is?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Cerbera":29vvpg2c said:
Westbury Green":29vvpg2c said:

This.

:iagree: A succinct and accurate assessment, fancy the post. :scarf:

Apr 5, 2012
Green_Matt":3w1rkkpp said:
Steve.PAFC2012":3w1rkkpp said:
Greenblooded1":3w1rkkpp said:
Who can we sell then?
Chadwick and Feeney.
You need to find a buyer before you can sell anything. Feeney possibly but Chadwick unlikely. Something still tells me that there has to be a system of playing in which Feeney can be effective, maybe another manager out there knows what it is?

A few of our players including Feeney could be effective but are not currently. Why?

Because they need a certain quality of player around them and they are surrounded by poo.

Hourihane next to Ross Jenkins v next to Lowry for example

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
How on earth could any of you believe that Feeney and Chadwick have any value? Surley the correct course of action would be to pay somebody to take them off our hands. Shame for Warren Feeney as he is a hard worker alas with no end product.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The "emergency" loan window is still open until this Sunday.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
I think we need a new manager to assess the squad so he know what a rebuilding job he has in the summer. I think a new manager would avoid relegation this season without the need for panick buying in January. That dont mean he would not be able to bring one or two in probably on loan.