Investment thread (merged) | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Investment thread (merged)

Apr 4, 2004
The Academy is part of the future of the club.

Our training facilities are adequate for the time being, and are being improved as we go.

Our academy is competing with that of Exeter City. I think we can acknowledge that theirs has been more successful than ours. Whilst we lag behind them, the likes of future Ollie Watkins's will be drawn to their academy rather than ours, so it is imperative that we get our facilities up and running and become the magnet for all the talent in the southwest. We have to improve sufficiently to capture all the future talent. This has started, but we need the facilities at Brickfields to encourage the talent to join us in the first place

Then we can improve our first team facilities at Harpers.

If we can encourage investors to invest in the club, to agree that their money will be spent on infrastructure, than we can bring forward all these plans, and money already set aside for these investments may be able to be used to increase player budgets, maybe.
Absolutely spot on Jim. Agree with every word. But would add. Not only are we competing with Exeter city. But a number of premier league outfits also have a presence here in the south west within their vast networks. We are also competing with them.

demportdave

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
The Academy is obviously a long-term investment but it is undoubtedly the way we should be going.

If you are still not sure about the Academy, read the article about the Bristol City Academy on BBC Sport / Football / Championship.

They are really benefitting from their Academy, with home-grown players playing regularly in the Championship as well big transfer fees having been received from the 2 players sold to Bournemouth.

For once, we can actually take advantage of our location as it gives us first dibs on a large catchment area.

Oct 10, 2018
My memory was that it felt a bit much being in the same changing room all the time. He did not use these words but it felt like it was a bit dull, boring etc to be in the same room. Moreover, it was clearly something he was not used to.
Thank you, lack of environmental stimulation then.

Oct 10, 2018
I spoke to Simon about that and when I said valuation of Ā£42.5m based on Ā£25m revenue (as rough estimate) his response was ā€œNot Far Offā€ so I canā€™t be that far wrong with the 1.7 times statement.
Now that makes more sense some context

Oct 10, 2018
I spoke to Simon about that and when I said valuation of Ā£42.5m based on Ā£25m revenue (as rough estimate) his response was ā€œNot Far Offā€ so I canā€™t be that far wrong with the 1.7 times statement.
Thanks for clarifying with some context