Interesting analysis of argyle tactics | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Interesting analysis of argyle tactics

Aug 5, 2016
So to summarise, Argyle get the ball forward quickly, play it on the ground more than in the air, have a good backline/midfield pivot and make lots of chances. I could have told you that.

Probably because you watch Argyle a lot, as opposed to a lad interested in football tactics who wants to know how an unfancied side have got themselves to the top of the table without spending big.

Reactions: saxman

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
I would imagine that MGM will find this exceedingly interesting. I've only seen one game thus season (Burton) and out of all that stuff the only two things I noticed was the outside centre backs going very wide and Houghton's astute link up play.
Correct. Ryan Lowe (and Schuey) were one of four candidates interviewed for the job. Simon Hallett said he was the 'stand out candidate' which is why they waited for the Bury situation to resolve itself before appointing him,.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Correct. Ryan Lowe (and Schuey) were one of four candidates interviewed for the job. Simon Hallett said he was the 'stand out candidate' which is why they waited for the Bury situation to resolve itself before appointing him,.
A response to Gary I think?

Jan 6, 2004
I think there are now systems in place at the club and ways of doing things which mean we could perhaps carry on in a similar vein with a new manager, I think this is part of Simon and his team’s masterplan although would not want to lose Lowe obviously.