✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham

Quite complimentary
“Plymouth are far from perfect but are without doubt one of the most exciting and interesting teams in England at the moment from the view of a football fan and even an analyst.

Ryan Lowe deserves massive credit for even turning them into title contenders in the first place. If you get a chance to watch them live on TV or in person, it will be 90 minutes well spent.”

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Reading that - the best analogy i could give is -

We play a controlled game of chess for 90 plus minutes & our checkmate is either 1 or 3pts

It shows how much work goes into every game plan & how tactically astute the gaffer & his team are becoming

Our players certainly do not come across as headless chickens & have planned for every scenario during the course of the game

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Only 2 or 3 months ago, and going back to last season, numerous posters on here were suggesting that RL had no idea about tactics and formations.
Personally, I think the problem was last season’s recruitment compared to this season’s. A relatively new manager is entitled to learn from his mistakes and RL certainly seems to have.
His ‘tactical’ critics seem to have gone very quiet recently.
Have they been converted to 3-5-2?

Oct 31, 2015
Boy that was a read. How does an analyst watch a football match because I wouldn't notice half of what he is talking about🤣🤣🤣🤣. Summer recruitment was obviously key.

10/10 RL, Shuey, Nanks and our director of football for everything being put in place.
Sometimes the managers on here make me smile. Saying that everyone is welcome to an opinion 👍

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Hope they do one for Bolton 😷

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
So to summarise, Argyle get the ball forward quickly, play it on the ground more than in the air, have a good backline/midfield pivot and make lots of chances. I could have told you that.

Oct 31, 2015
So to summarise, Argyle get the ball forward quickly, play it on the ground more than in the air, have a good backline/midfield pivot and make lots of chances. I could have told you that.
Well done you👏👏

Reactions: Drake
Sep 6, 2006
Interesting, the confirmation that Houghton’s role is so pivotal here. Also our above average number of progressive passes, which argues against those who used to complain before this run about our ‘tippy tappy’ football.
Don't think it does. The complaints about tippy tippy football were the lack of progressive passes!

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
My brain hurts.

Reactions: bigalf

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I would imagine that MGM will find this exceedingly interesting. I've only seen one game thus season (Burton) and out of all that stuff the only two things I noticed was the outside centre backs going very wide and Houghton's astute link up play.