Incoming on Monday (McFadzean signs ) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming on Monday (McFadzean signs )

Aug 22, 2006
Cobi Budge":2ilu47ty said:
Another very good signing.

I think you've said this about all of Lowe's signings. He seems ok. He could do very well for us and you'd be right in saying the above, or if history shows he'll do well to make over 10 appearances all season, having only done so in the last two campaigns in his entire career - playing in the national league with Guisely in 17-18 and last season with Bury.

I get the feeling that there are huge expectations here, not just from you Cobi. It's as though that Bury side from last year were the Milan side of the 80's. Sometimes football is about simple things. Momentum. Morale. Scoring goals. Bury had all three last season and were riding the wave. But take one of those away and the leaky defence for example becomes more apparent. There were weaknesses in Lowe's team for sure. Having said that I appreciate the whole team did well especially the latter part of the season where results didn't go their way, no one could begrudge that due to the off the field turmoil. Anyway, fairly solid signing, he is still fairly young so let's hope he continues playing his best footie under Lowe.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Welcome aboard the good ship Mayflower.

When does the Bury tea lady arrive? :)

Jan 19, 2019
I have heard of this guy but for the life of me cannot remember where I heard about him. Anyway seems like a very good addition.

When is Gigg Lane coming down?

Have to feel for Bury they are being dismantled and we are the ones doing it. Business is business and it is not our fault that the Club (Bury F.C) are against the wall..... Still feel for their supporters though.

Mar 14, 2009
GreenGoblin":n67b2rlo said:
I have heard of this guy but for the life of me cannot remember where I heard about him. Anyway seems like a very good addition.

Have to feel for Bury they are being dismantled and we are the ones doing it. Business is business and it is not our fault that the Club (Bury F.C) are against the wall..... Still feel for their supporters though.

It’s not nice at all. We lost players for “peanuts” in terms of their valuations. Anything that we had left just wasn’t wanted.

The thing is these players are/haven’t been paid. If we don’t offer them a contract then some other football league club will. They are going to leave Bury unfortunately. It doesn’t really matter to who if your a Bury fan.

What people have to remember is that Argyle want to try and achieve promotion this season. Unfortunately, for Bury supporters the best possible way for that to happen is to have Bury players who know how to play Lowe’s system. They know what he wants and can draw on the experiences of last season. It gives Argyle a chance to reduce teething problems we will face in the opening weeks of the season.

Aug 5, 2016
GreenGoblin":2fdimzak said:

We aren't the ones doing it. The players haven't been paid for 5 months, they are bound to leave.

Maynard, Adams, O'Shea have all left and not joined Argyle.

Ryan Lowe is in a unique position of knowing all the players there and having a budget to bring a few with him.

Argyle paid good compensation for Lowe, Schumacher and more besides for Dominic Telford. None of the ex Bury players would have been keen to stay on and play for free for Truro's manager. They all would have left, but Argyle have become a diaspora for displaced players who aren't getting paid in Bury and don't want to play for free for another 12 months.

Oct 31, 2015
Welcome aboard matey.

Like others I feel for Bury fans.

Just because we have half the Bury 1st team it does not guarantee f all. Our squad left behind is pants and full of yellow bellies :banghead: so RL needs to change their attitudes or ship them.

Sep 6, 2006
Mazza26":7far2rrp said:
Cobi Budge":7far2rrp said:

I think you've said this about all of Lowe's signings. He seems ok. He could do very well for us and you'd be right in saying the above, or if history shows he'll do well to make over 10 appearances all season, having only done so in the last two campaigns in his entire career - playing in the national league with Guisely in 17-18 and last season with Bury.

I get the feeling that there are huge expectations here, not just from you Cobi. It's as though that Bury side from last year were the Milan side of the 80's. Sometimes football is about simple things. Momentum. Morale. Scoring goals. Bury had all three last season and were riding the wave. But take one of those away and the leaky defence for example becomes more apparent. There were weaknesses in Lowe's team for sure. Having said that I appreciate the whole team did well especially the latter part of the season where results didn't go their way, no one could begrudge that due to the off the field turmoil. Anyway, fairly solid signing, he is still fairly young so let's hope he continues playing his best footie under Lowe.

Yes I just dont see the point in these comments from the likes of Cobi with so little evidence. No doubt said the same about last Summers signings.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Balham_Green":k9bzgj7m said:
Mazza26":k9bzgj7m said:
Cobi Budge":k9bzgj7m said:

Yes I just dont see the point in these comments from the likes of Cobi with so little evidence. No doubt said the same about last Summers signings.
The ex-Bury players are largely unknown to most Argyle fans, even someone so highly rated as Mayor. We just have to trust Lowe’s judgement that he has brought in the right players unless and until the facts say otherwise. However, it would appear that some of them had the best season of their career under Lowe when winning promotion in 2018-19 and that cannot be a coincidence.

Of more relevance are the views of the Bury fans who do know these players and what they are capable of and generally, their comments have been very positive about the players who have come to Argyle.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Balham_Green":25i59u7e said:
Mazza26":25i59u7e said:
Cobi Budge":25i59u7e said:

Quite right.
Let's not get excited about and be positive about new signings.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
rsp4":15k0u6h4 said:
Welcome aboard matey.

Like others I feel for Bury fans.

Just because we have half the Bury 1st team it does not guarantee f all. Our squad left behind is pants and full of yellow bellies :banghead: so RL needs to change their attitudes or ship them.
There are several of our current squad from last season who should be absolved from the ‘yellow bellies’ accusation.

Riley, J Grant and C Grant, in particular, were, unfortunately, unavailable due to injury for much of the last few months.

Only Sawyer, Sarcevic and Taylor started in the Accrington debacle (Fletcher came on for 5 minutes, Canavan and Smith-Brown were unused subs).

I am not saying that they should all be totally absolved but it should be noted that 10 of the 14 who ‘played’ at Accrington are no longer at the club for various reasons.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
davie nine":2y8u3xfx said:
She’ll have to compete with Jane Hallett at Senior Greens.
Competition for places throughout the club....