Im still around | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Im still around

Jan 27, 2006
Its been many months since I last posted not because I do not want to but for health reasons.
I have been in and out of hospital many times over the past few months but its all been worth it as they have kept the big C under control and becoming life threatening ,but it has put paid to going to Home Park on match days. After sixty years of doing so its been hard to take. But we have Radio Devon which I can pick up down here in Falmouth so my Saturday afternoons are now glued to the Radio and Gorden Sparks.
At the moment its not going Argyles way and fans loyalty is being stretched to the limits which is understandable. Seeing I have become one of the Sky brigade for my football I don’t think its right to make to many comments on matches and players and management seeing I do not now see the games for real. I read the comments on here and I do make judgements on them for my own satisfaction.
The manager debate, it seems win a game he is fine lose a game and he is out. All I will say is if a change is necessary do it soon rather than later to give the new one plenty of time to get us back on track.
The players, well like I have said I don’t see them for real but my old head tells me they are committed to the cause but are just not the quality at the moment. We don’t have the time to see what heights our youth and younger players will reach and I don’t think our older players will find a second wind to improve there standards.
As for our new chairman, well lets face it, if it was not for him there would be know Plymouth Argyle.
I have nothing but admiration for the man. He is young and since being in charge has taken on some green blood I think. He is honest about his knowledge of the game which is why I am sure he has taken on a new board member this week to fill that void.
It is so interesting to read all the comments on here nearly all of them are first class but a little bit of playground talk creeps in every now and then don’t you think!.
A lot of new names since I last posted and some of the older ones have gone, not given up I hope.
Sky is alright but its not the real thing nothing will take the place of the drive up the A30 and watching Argyle, but I’m sill hear and for that I am grateful .

Mar 2, 2008
Good to see you are still around Silver_Green :)

I bet there is someone out there from Falmouth who would be willing to drive you up and back to Home Park if you needed some assistance.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Great post Silver_Green, much sense spoken as always.

Glad to hear you are keeping up to date with Argyle, and getting your fix of football from Sky :thumbup:

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Welcome back - a sensible and balanced post as always. I agree with your points, especially re: James Brent, and also the commitment of the players.

Keep fighting and enjoying Sparksy's commentary, and I hope you're back at Home Park very, very soon!

GREEN ARMY!! :scarf:

B

bandwagon

Nice to hear from you SG - glad that you are in fighting spirit!!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
So much more to life than football. Health before luxuries every day of the decade.

Good luck with your illness and keep fighting it

stewthenoo

Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
It is good to hear that your fighting spirit is seeing you through these difficult times. Maintaining a Positive Mental Attitude brings it's own rewards.

Good also that you have returned to the forum to record your wise words. There are many on here, perhaps that could benefit from your qualities.

Welcome back Silver G. I wish you well as you tackle the Big C. Hope to see you back soon cheering on the Greens.

Dec 6, 2011
SG - if you want to get transport to Home Park at anytime please let me know and I am totally sure that the Club would do anything needed to get you there. In fact I know they would.

Good luck fighting back.

Chris

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Great news mate, my dad was diagnosed with the big C in January, he had a positive attitude all the way through and battled it he is now back running with his club and competed in the Plymouth 10k the other week.

Keep positive and you will fight this. I echo what everyone has previously said im sure if you wanted to come back to HP that someone would help you.

tonsk

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Good post SG, good to hear that you are winning the battle too.

What I did notice is that you can tell from SG's post, even if you didn't know, that he is of a different generation to the 'I want it now' and 'keyboard warrior' types that are becoming more prevelent on here and I think that they could learn a lot from him.

tonsk