I feel for Adams.......but | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

I feel for Adams.......but

Mar 21, 2013
Balham_Green":wr98ofb6 said:
briangreen":wr98ofb6 said:
I think what you have is a very pi55ed off man who knows his team is better than they are currently playing.

If that is true and not sure it is with our keystone cops defence then it is due to poor management.

Yeah Up the Line already made the ‘Keystone Cops’ joke awhile back, you need some new material mate, getting stale.

May 8, 2011
Tugboat":3dmuwchc said:
loyal1970":3dmuwchc said:
madness to give a manager a 5 year contract at this level and also to give him the run of the club, why have a ceo and a secretary if he is doing every thing at the club.

Because he was the only person at the club with any real ‘footballing’ credentials.

It’s like a head chef taking over a scaffolding company with a decent foreman already there. He’s naturally going to take on more responsibility through his experience.

The problem is that responsibility has stayed with DA and i think it’s been detrimental in the way he hasn’t had real pressure pushing him and also he’s got more to deal with on a daily/weekly basis that takes time away from his main job of coaching the team and staff.

If we don’t sack him them the structure of the club needs the biggest investment that supports what we are doing. It’s all a bit shoe string and thread bare at the minute.

Only then can we sort out the mess on the pitch.

Perhaps you could detail how many hours less working with the players Adams does now compared to when he arrived in 2015, because I haven’t seen any change.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
HC Green":8vdmdo6b said:
Tugboat":8vdmdo6b said:
loyal1970":8vdmdo6b said:
madness to give a manager a 5 year contract at this level and also to give him the run of the club, why have a ceo and a secretary if he is doing every thing at the club.

Because he was the only person at the club with any real ‘footballing’ credentials.

It’s like a head chef taking over a scaffolding company with a decent foreman already there. He’s naturally going to take on more responsibility through his experience.

The problem is that responsibility has stayed with DA and i think it’s been detrimental in the way he hasn’t had real pressure pushing him and also he’s got more to deal with on a daily/weekly basis that takes time away from his main job of coaching the team and staff.

If we don’t sack him them the structure of the club needs the biggest investment that supports what we are doing. It’s all a bit shoe string and thread bare at the minute.

Perhaps you could detail how many hours less working with the players Adams does now compared to when he arrived in 2015, because I haven’t seen any change.

I don’t know to be honest but I don’t think he’s firing on all cylinders and it’s obviously showing.

The way I see it there are 3 options...

1)Do nothing and hope that we pull through and probably go through it all again next season.

2)Sack him and his back room staff at a high financial cost and gamble on another appointment putting us right.

3)Stick with Adams and Co, support him with extra finances in January but have a structure out in place that takes the burden of him, offers him real support in terms of on the field issues and have someone direct that he has to answer and implements a degree of targets and strategy that they have to work towards.

It’s all to headless and friendly friendly between management and board.

Sep 6, 2006
Don't_Panic":2si08wxq said:
Balham_Green":2si08wxq said:
briangreen":2si08wxq said:
I think what you have is a very pi55ed off man who knows his team is better than they are currently playing.

If that is true and not sure it is with our keystone cops defence then it is due to poor management.

Yeah Up the Line already made the ‘Keystone Cops’ joke awhile back, you need some new material mate, getting stale.

So sorry. Perhaps you could come up with something refreshingly original. Waiting..... I don't have as much time as you obviously to follow and remember everybodys post. And I'm not your mate.

Jul 6, 2011
An old head needs to come in and take some of the burden off Derek. Bad choice getting rid off Brewster.

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":36bsfu7i said:
Tugboat":36bsfu7i said:
loyal1970":36bsfu7i said:

So you KNOW how many hours do you? Perhaps you can tell us...

Mar 23, 2008
HC Green":zjt9zss8 said:
The main issue at the moment is that because Adams lives by a high moral code where respect for others, manners and loyalty are extremely important he finds yobbish behaviour and rudeness unacceptable and will say so.
Just wish he held signing comeptant centre half's in such high esteem.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Giving him money in January transfer window will be a disaster.

We will pay overpriced money for dross and look what he recruited in the summer. It would be even worse in january
Only desperate clubs buy in January and the quality and value for money isn't there.
For that reason I think the board won't take the gamble and would rather take RELEGATION and rebuild the season after than waste a load more money on the chance it makes the difference

We are all doooomed !

Jul 13, 2006
GreenArmy1984":30aqltq1 said:
So let’s look forward to FA Cup 1st Round Draw Tomorrow Night

Nothing like a good FA Cup Run!

why don't you just take a night off, or a season or two?

Sep 6, 2006
foreigner":rxljwfyr said:
GreenArmy1984":rxljwfyr said:
So let’s look forward to FA Cup 1st Round Draw Tomorrow Night

Nothing like a good FA Cup Run!

why don't you just take a night off, or a season or two?

I lost count of the number of his comments about fans eating humble pie last season when Adams turned it round. Those comments look a bit hollow now. You feeling hungry ga1984?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
HC Green":3cta7whe said:
The main issue at the moment is that because Adams lives by a high moral code where respect for others, manners and loyalty are extremely important he finds yobbish behaviour and rudeness unacceptable and will say so.

I think you should take a look at Mr Adams disciplinary record and his apparent standing with other managers.