How much did Foster cost us ? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How much did Foster cost us ?

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Considering Foster was supposed to be an elite youth coach how come the best performances from Devine and Phillips have been under Nance and Dewsnip? Shocking man management skills and reducing our forwards to mere bystanders offering no goal threat was a particular skill set we didn’t need. I hope to God we learn from this and realise that all the coaching badges in the world don’t necessarily translate into success. We could all paint the Mona Lisa using painting by numbers but it won’t make us artists.

Oct 5, 2013
Considering Foster was supposed to be an elite youth coach how come the best performances from Devine and Phillips have been under Nance and Dewsnip? Shocking man management skills and reducing our forwards to mere bystanders offering no goal threat was a particular skill set we didn’t need. I hope to God we learn from this and realise that all the coaching badges in the world don’t necessarily translate into success. We could all paint the Mona Lisa using painting by numbers but it won’t make us artists.
Brilliant piece!

Reactions: Sun Stonehouse
Oct 5, 2013
A bit concerned that ND referred yesterday to the appointing of a new head coach as what they are pursuing.
For me it’s a new team manager that we need.
The difference being that a manager manages (that is, oversees all aspects of running a team, including the man management); while a coach coaches (deals with just the tactics).

Reactions: Lyndhurst Road End
Jul 12, 2016
He’s also been selected in the Championship Team of the Season - a tremendous accolade and undoubtedly the best award there is, being voted for by all the players in the league. This fact will keep his value high.
I don’t think he is worth anywhere near what he was. The fact is other clubs have worked out that you can mark him out the game with a couple of players on him. This makes him largely ineffective.

Jul 12, 2016
A bit concerned that ND referred yesterday to the appointing of a new head coach as what they are pursuing.
The difference being that a manager manages (that is, deals with all aspects of running a team, including the man management); while a coach coaches (deals with just the tactics).
I agree. It is a team manager we need with excellent man management skills

Jul 12, 2016
Good question for the F.A.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
I don’t think he is worth anywhere near what he was. The fact is other clubs have worked out that you can mark him out the game with a couple of players on him. This makes him largely ineffective.

Given his age and goal contributions he is still a £10m player. When we had Azaz teams couldn’t double on him because it left Azaz free. In a better team with other threatening forward players, he will get more time and space. Given what Premier League teams pay for squad players from overseas, Whittaker is well worth a punt for £10m and some add ons.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
Whatever it cost it was bleddy worth it.

Three very good performances yesterday, Edwards, Wright and Scarr. Now remind me, what 'Elite Coach' wanted to get rid of them? 😡
Whilst I/We dont know the full story as to why he wanted rid of them the way that they have been treated,particularly Joe,does seem disgraceful.We would have gone down if the Elite Coach remained

Feb 8, 2005
The difference being that a manager manages (that is, oversees all aspects of running a team, including the man management); while a coach coaches (deals with just the tactics).
Head Coach is what we are going to get, Phil. He can concentrate on coaching the first team and leave the rest to Dewsnip.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
It means that a coach does not decide what players come into the club, or which players to move on.
He just coaches whatever players are at his disposal, these are brought in by directors of football etc.
To me, that is a ludicrous situation. "Here you are, get the best out of the players the directors have brought in":mad:

Jul 12, 2016
Given his age and goal contributions he is still a £10m player. When we had Azaz teams couldn’t double on him because it left Azaz free. In a better team with other threatening forward players, he will get more time and space. Given what Premier League teams pay for squad players from overseas, Whittaker is well worth a punt for £10m and some add ons.
I doubt it very much but we shall see.

Feb 24, 2008
Put a couple players on an opponent and it will leave space elsewhere, happened to Danny Mayor a lot last season. Then you exploit the space.