How deluded? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How deluded?

Aug 19, 2009
A quote from the BBC match preview for the game against Exeter tomorrow.

Plymouth Argyle manager Carl Fletcher:

"I don't think the lads are unsure of what to expect, it's going to be frantic and hectic for the first 30-40 minutes maybe.

"Both ourselves and Exeter like to play football the right way which will hopefully make for an attractive game.

Amusing at best!! :funny: Why do they let Mr. Fletcher do interviews?

P

Paul_Roberts

Mr. Brightside":3ettfb8n said:
A quote from the BBC match preview for the game against Exeter tomorrow.

Plymouth Argyle manager Carl Fletcher:

"I don't think the lads are unsure of what to expect, it's going to be frantic and hectic for the first 30-40 minutes maybe.

"Both ourselves and Exeter like to play football the right way which will hopefully make for an attractive game.

Amusing at best!! :funny: Why do they let Mr. Fletcher do interviews?

Bit harsh. I don't think Fletcher's the right man for the job, but I don't see anything in there that you could describe as 'deluded'.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Not sure what your on about here.

The opening half hour will be played a high tempo as its a derby and both teams DO like to play it on the deck and move it around.

Aug 2, 2011
So what do you expect him to say - we are two cr-p teams in the lowest football league division. We anticipate both teams will hoof the ball into the air at every opportunity and the whole game will be total rubbish!

Growing up and shutting up come to mind. :sigh:

Aug 19, 2009
PRESTO":19arv08j said:
So what do you expect him to say - we are two cr-p teams in the lowest football league division. We anticipate both teams will hoof the ball into the air at every opportunity and the whole game will be total rubbish!

My point exactly! You have just described the full 90minutes in one sentance!! The game won't be attractive as it is a local derby and will be played on sodden ground after today's weather! It might be a bit frantic and hectic but that will be down to the conditions!!

Growing up and shutting up?!!! :funny: If you don't like what is written, don't comment. If I have an opinion I will make it known!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
It is admirable that Fletch says that Argyle "like to play the game the right way."

However the two games I have seen them play this season they haven't played it the right way.

The right way HAS TO INCLUDE creating chances to score. The law of averages will mean more goals will be scored if you conjure up more chances.

It IS deluded to think that pretty passing on the floor alone without penetration is enough to label any performance as "the right way"

Jul 29, 2010
Again, the nail on the head comes from Palace.

No, apparently in Fletch's brave new world crab football is the right way, scurrying round sideways unable to go forward.

Oct 24, 2010
Fletcher's right, it will be very hectic for the first 30 minutes or so and I doubt very much that it will evolve into a classic thereafter, local derby's rarely do. We need to defend well, keep our shape and keep pressing and try and retain possession and play when we have the ball.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
A capable striker and wingers would see us accomplish this passing style that fletch preaches.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
Unfortunately we do not have decent strikers and wingers so we are stuck with what we already have . Say hello to non league guys because that is all we have to look foward to with Fletcher and Brent in charge.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I'm content in seeing what January brings. Not only are players coming in a positive but moving players on will be effective. Here's hoping a DoF is installed pronto to enable good scouting on potential targets and early discussions.

Nov 16, 2006
I assume it's a slow (or no) news day with regard to legitimate reasons to have a pop at Fletcher today, so instead we resort to taking perfectly reasonable pre-match comments and call them deluded.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
X Isle":3jvayq2q said:
Again, the nail on the head comes from Palace.

No, apparently in Fletch's brave new world crab football is the right way, scurrying round sideways unable to go forward.
From that statement alone it is clear you have not attended many matches lately. There has been forward play a plenty however, the coup de grace (ball in the net) just hasn't been there much of the time.

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
PRESTO":82p3riv6 said:

No just one crap team.