How about Jimmy Spencer? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

How about Jimmy Spencer?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I agree Jimmy Spencer was a willing, wholehearted player for Argyle last season, but 3 goals in 25 appearances when the club was largely dominating Division Two? Surely DA can find a player who can fill that upfront target role, who has some more scoring potential.

B

Beercan

Some people on here!! Itā€™s not April 1st. What about Jimmy Spencer (HAHAHAHAHHAAHA)

Jul 12, 2016
Agreed,why this obsession with ex players? Wylde is a prime example of why we should look elsewhere.

Aug 5, 2016
Quintrell_Green":qvo3ce2x said:
I agree Jimmy Spencer was a willing, wholehearted player for Argyle last season, but 3 goals in 25 appearances when the club was largely dominating Division Two? Surely DA can find a player who can fill that upfront target role, who has some more scoring potential.

And yet we got promoted with 86 points with this fella playing half a season up front on his own.

He's a clever footballer, makes it stick, is likely to be cheap and is a good fit with DA's tactics. We'd have been a fair bit further up the table if he'd played this season in Taylor's absence.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
We canā€™t keep saying ā€œbeggars canā€™t be choosersā€ if we turn our noses up about a player that fits the formation we play whilst recruiting players that donā€™t. Heā€™s more mobile than Taylor and a little slighter in build so not the exact match as a Stockley would be but if we can get him iā€™d like to see him back.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
We released him. Why would we go back for him?

Nov 25, 2015
Much as I liked Spencer, we need to bring in somebody who will provide genuine competition to Taylor - not another mediocre replacement in case RT gets injured again.
There must be some out of favour Championship forwards who we could get on loan.

Feb 23, 2008
Ade the green":1ulw6oxl said:
We canā€™t keep saying ā€œbeggars canā€™t be choosersā€ if we turn our noses up about a player that fits the formation we play whilst recruiting players that donā€™t. Heā€™s more mobile than Taylor and a little slighter in build so not the exact match as a Stockley would be but if we can get him iā€™d like to see him back.

Agree with most of your points but more mobile than Taylor? He had one of the most lazy looking styles of play I've seen. I liked him, thought he played the role well and was disappointed when he left but the difference in mobility and agility between the two was huge.

Anyhow would he come back? I thought he went back up that way to be closer to family etc?

Any striker that plays under DA in the current formation is never going to be prolific.

Aug 5, 2016
chunkymonkey78":2f21amko said:
Ade the green":2f21amko said:
Any striker that plays under DA in the current formation is never going to be prolific.

Exactly, our striking options last season were Spencer and Taylor predominantly. You could count their combined goals on your fingers, yet we were fourth highest scorers in the division as a TEAM. Sonny Bradley scored more goals than Spencer but I'd still rather Jimmy played up front, his positioning, ability to trap long balls and to survive completely on his own is impressive and ultimately what is required of a DA striker.

Spencer is better than the back up options we've had this season, so we have to admit we've gone backwards by letting him go.

Jun 2, 2016
I watch Bromley FC alot and of course all visiting National League teams. Wouldn't surprise me if, like a few L1 and L2 teams in last couple of seasons, we pick up a player from this division. Good scouts will find gems here.