heskey? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

heskey?

Dec 8, 2011
Emile Heskey - available on a free since he left Aston Villa at the end of last season - is wanted by Conference side Macclesfield, who believe the former Liverpool and England striker, 34, can fire them back into the Football League..............better than we've got?

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
Think he'd be perfect for us but I'd be surprised if we had the money for his wages and/or if he wanted to come to us.

Nice thought though.

M

Marcus The Green

Wonder how long this will be up for before someone makes a crack about us already having enough strikers that can't score? :facepalm:

A

agentgreen

Holloway offered him £90 a week to play for Blackpool :greensmile:

Mar 2, 2008
Marcus The Green":3k50h5ah said:
Wonder how long this will be up for before someone makes a crack about us already having enough strikers that can't score? :facepalm:
We already have enough strikers that can't score ;-)

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Emile Heskey to Macclesfield? Seriously? He wants to be at a championship club at least no way Hozaaay he will go to Macclesfield

Dec 8, 2011
Well it is.......makes me think are we not even attempting to sign players for fear of rejection. I'd rather live in plymouth than macclesfield

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Lew1988":1kqq9066 said:
Well it is.......makes me think are we not even attempting to sign players for fear of rejection. I'd rather live in plymouth than macclesfield

Are you a centre forward though?

Seem to recall you telling us Marcus Bent was joining us. What happened to that transfer?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Lew1988":1tfcdjum said:

Given that Heskey most recently played for Aston Villa and previously played for Liverpool I would guess that he already lives somewhere like Cheshire. Given his age he probably has a wife/partner with whom is nicely settled into family life, perhaps with children who might well be at school's close to his home. He also won't be short of money. Why then, would he give a moment's thought to upping sticks to pla for Plymouth. Macclesfield would probably be able to get him on some kind of short-term, pay-per-game, cut-price deal (if my assumptions outlined previously are correct).

G

green giant janner

Bad joke to say the least and one at the expense of Torquay,who are said to have the lower league version in mr Howe.

J

James_Dennis

Thought this might amusingly add to the rumours: he was spotted in Lynmouth, North Devon by some of my work colleagues last week! Must be taking the scenic route to Plymouth...