Having problems | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Having problems

Feb 8, 2005
Hi guys,
I'm having technical problems. When joining the website and prior to logging in I can read the pages and change threads as per normal, but cannot add comments, of course. Once I log in, Pasoti will work normally for two or three times, except that it takes ages to change pages (the grey circle on the tab goes anticlockwise before changing pages). Then I get just a blank white screen.
Sometimes I can get a page with the sad face with the wording underneath of:

This page isn't working.
Pasoti.co.uk redirected you too many times.
Try deleting your cookies.
ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

before I get the white blank page again.

I have cleared cookies (usually only three) several times and tried to log in. Sometimes I can get the webpage up and log in but when wanting to change page it brings me back to the same page again and again.

I'm not techy minded but have tried all sorts in effort to get back my pasoti functioning again, without success.

My apologies for trying to log in under another email address, it was just part of trying to see if the same thing happened with a different address. I have given myself a slap.

No other website on my computer is affected, it all works normally, it's only with Pasoti that I have these problems. I must have inadvertently changed something for the site to not work as it should do perhaps?

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in trying to find a solution.

Feb 8, 2005
Yes, and no. I have used adblockers for years without any problems. I have also turned off all extensions as part of my possible problem solving but to no avail.

I have not been able to access this thread, either logged in or not logged in, until now, but I will probably lose access once I send this.

I keep being sent back to the welcome page when I try to log on to this thread.

Very annoying and frustrating.

Although I am using Chrome I have the same problems in Edge and Opera, for what that is worth.

I keep deleting cookies, which gets me back into the website, after getting to a blank white screen, but it always kicks me out and have to try and log in again, which seems to prevent me from getting into the particular thread that I want to get into.

Feb 8, 2005
When clicking on 'Alerts' I get a black line going across the top of the page, flashing from left to right and with three flashing black rectangles on the top right of the page, and usually with the result of:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

in a black box at the top of the page.

Also got that message when I tried to post this reply.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'll try something this end but you need to get rid of your ad blocker as I fear this is a route to the cause.

Feb 8, 2005
When clicking on 'Alerts' I get a black line going across the top of the page, flashing from left to right and with three flashing black rectangles on the top right of the page, and usually with the result of:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

in a black box at the top of the page.

Also got that message when I tried to post this reply.

Feb 8, 2005
Just a white screen, based on my favourites and straight off the internet website I'm afraid.

I think it will need a techy person to resolve, but thanks for trying.

Feb 8, 2005
I've had a quick look around and I think you've been and gone and done it.

A week to seven days I've been trying to solve this.

Thank you.

If you weren't so ugly I'd send you a kiss. :p